Eurovision Song Contest 2021

Lineker

I think the Brexit thing is overplayed, to get any points you either need to have an obvious geopolitical thing (Greece/Cyprus, or the various Eastern European bits) or be in the top 12 or so songs. We achieve neither of these (our songs are consistently unremarkable), and France and Iceland have happily picked up votes from miles away.

• Like 5

aaaahahahaha that Portugal reaction

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Italy's song felt tailor-made for those early EWB Eurovisions where we were all just submitting hard/garage rock, and I think it might have won one of those.

uh and maybe the real one too???

Good for Italy, very fun winner. I wish Iceland had finished third but overall a great field and I by and large agree with the results (though I think Netherlands deserved to do a little better!).

21 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

This song is fucking awful. At least I felt Finland believed in the Nu Metal they were dropping.

I loved it, they remind me of bands like Buckcherry and Mötley Crüe, but Italian of course.

This was one of the best Eurovision contests in years for me. At least a dozen really good songs and most of them were in the top 10.

I didn't love France so I'm glad it didn't win, Italy was a worthy winner. Iceland was terrific too.

Good lord Germany was bad. And UK just utterly dull as usual. We deserve nothing every year the way we approach this thing.

My vote(s) went on Ukraine this year. I was mesmerised by the whole thing - the ever escalating pace of the song, the intensity of everyone in the group and the rather chaotic staging - which combined to make one of my favourite entries in a long time.

A worthy successor to the likes of Ruslana and Verka Serduchka...Ukraine know how to do Eurovision.

• Like 2