General Movie Thread 2021

RPS

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CLDY said:

I love this so much. This movie is so good and you should all watch it. 

Watched it a few weeks ago and yea, it was much better then I expected it to be!

Also, new trailer for Halloween Kills!

I loved the "reboot" a few years ago and this just looks insane

• Like 1

I have some degree of confidence that the movie will be much better than that trailer, which I think has some truly corny touches (the music, that "Legends aren't born" thing which... does not track to me with how The Sopranos perceived its main character) that probably aren't David Chase's fault.

Now that I have HBO Max, I really should get around to watching The Sopranos..

• Like 5

On 09/06/2021 at 09:22, livid said:

Can't wait for this!

Watched it today.  Wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be

On the other hand, Fear Street: 1994 was much better then I expected

41 minutes ago, Maxx said:

All about Fear Street, but it’s right in my wheelhouse so that’s not too surprising.

I'm not overly familiar with RL Stein novels, but I really enjoyed it.  Kinda like an extended Are You Afraid of the Dark

5 hours ago, Lint said:

I'm not overly familiar with RL Stein novels, but I really enjoyed it.  Kinda like an extended Are You Afraid of the Dark

...but for adults. I was expecting something more kid-friendly, but it really is just a natural evolution for the kids that grew up with Goosebumps. I never read the Fear Street stuff, but the first movie was considerably better than my expectations.

8 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

Does Jack Black chew the scenery as Stein in this one? (although I do confess to enjoying the Goosebumps films more than I thought I would)

No Jack Black.

Fear Street is a spiritual successor to Goosebumps, in the sense that Stine wanted to continue writing for the audience that grew up with his books, instead of writing the same type of books. The idea was to mature the writing as the readers matured.

Fear Street is closer to a regular horror film than it is to Goosebumps or Are You Afraid of the Dark. Gore and sex included. Though, it does still feel like something that you would have caught on television as a kid, only better made.

5 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Potential movie of the year right here. 

That movie is terrifying.  He literally almost eats another dog at the end.