What Did You Watch Today? 2021

Baddar

One of my favorite movies this year, and honestly, might be the only good 2021 movie release from Netflix I've seen this year.

Watched Red Notice, Army of Thieves and Jungle Cruise the past three days. All three were awful.

I'm going to watch Passing tonight, though, really looking forward to that one. 

• Like 1

On 17/11/2021 at 23:40, Benjamin said:

Watched Red Notice, Army of Thieves and Jungle Cruise the past three days. All three were awful.

I haven't seen Army of Thieves yet, but since its an Army of the Dead prequel, I wouldn't be surprised if you were right.

Watched Jungle Cruise a few days ago. It was alright, but not great.

Just finished watching Red Notice a few minutes ago. Did not see the big twist near the end coming.

One thing about Jungle Cruise? I only want a sequel if 

Spoiler

They call it "The Further Adventures of Skippy & Pants".

Incidentally, I watched Clifford The Big Red Dog the day before Jungle Cruise, and it took me almost half an hour of watching JC to realize the actor playing the uncle in the former was the same one playing the brother in the latter. Because I don't think I've ever seen anything else he's done, offhand.

Been getting back into Indian films lately. A bunch of friends and I shared Singham with another friend who hadn't yet seen it. Watched K.G.F. Chapter 1 today, and it's pretty darn epic. Afterwards, it dawned on me that Bollywood (or just the larger film landscape of India) have done a much better job of adapting to the world-building, interconnected zeitgeist of Marvel than American studio rivals have. Of course, they have also had several decades of practice at producing big, four corner, tentpole films.

Watched Little Women (the newer one) last night and it was really very good. Timmy Chalamet was eh, just fine, Saoirse Ronan was very good as was Florence Pugh; Emma Watson was good in support as well.

Thanks to the lockdown I'm on for having watched a film a day for the first time in my life. 

This year has been insane for new releases, this week's cinema trip saw me bawling my eyes out to Mike Mills' Cmon Cmon, which is such a stunning and beautiful movie that totally caught me off guard. Also really dug Jane Campion's Power of the Dog, which has really stuck with me, it's a film I think about more and more every day.