Comic Book Films & TV Thread 2021

Maxx

I just finished Harley Quinn. How dare this show be this good and make me feel so many things in just one episode. 😠

• Like 2

Is this where discussion of the Boys would go? I read a good portion of the graphic novels but never finished, but this show is really good so far. I think we're four episodes in, and they did a nice job with sticking to the source material but also making it it's own unique thing. Love that Simon Peg is in the show but not actually as Hughie but his dad, nice little nod to the comic. 

12 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Is this where discussion of the Boys would go? I read a good portion of the graphic novels but never finished, but this show is really good so far. I think we're four episodes in, and they did a nice job with sticking to the source material but also making it it's own unique thing. Love that Simon Peg is in the show but not actually as Hughie but his dad, nice little nod to the comic. 

Oh my god, I somehow mistook Simon Pegg for Martin Freeman in all those episodes!

But yeah, this is the good place to discuss, I would say. Unless others might have issues with coming across spoilers of the series specific, since it's one of those shows that has partly transcended comic fandom.

I love The Boys comic. I knew they'd have to make massive changes but from what I've seen I'm actually ok with all of them. Especially everything with Stormfront. 

On 26/02/2021 at 11:13, CLDY said:

I just finished Harley Quinn. How dare this show be this good and make me feel so many things in just one episode. 😠

tumblr_pi1kxb4LrE1rxjb9io1_1280.png

• 2 weeks later...

ok only 3 episodes into Superman & Lois and DC should recast Tyler Hoechlin as Superman for their movies.  On the show, he just seems to have that right feel as Clark/Superman, the right mix of intensity as Superman, but the downright wholesomeness as Clark, both as a husband and father.

Plus, look at him

160912-premiere12.jpg

That is a handsome Superman.  I really hope at some point they reference the cartoon and he uses his heat vision on a mirror to shave his beard

3 hours ago, Tkasto said:

If this episode of The Flash, was supposed to be the ending of the previous season (before the pandemic stopped the shooting. Then all I can say about the ending is:

Hide contents

giphy.gif 

AGREED! I liked how they handled the Ralph situation, but that was about it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, livid said:

To "preserve the integrity of Zack Snyder's vision" the Snyder Cut is in 4:3 aspect ratio...o_O

"integrity" "Zack Snyder" "vision" - does not compute.

And oh fucking hell I'm watching this tonight. I have no idea why. Is 4 hours of my time worth a snide remark on my Letterboxd account?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Colly said:

I'm a bit lost, just seen it's now on Sky, how are they making any money on this?

There's a bit of me that's tempted, but 4 hours? Fucking hell.

Crazy DC fans haven't shut up about it online for years so they know there's a certain audience for it to drive HBO Max subs. 

• Like 1

Yeah basically the rationale behind its release is to drive subscriptions to HBO MAX. In non-pandemic times they'd have absolutely put it out in theaters with fanfare but they didn't have that luxury and we've also reached a tipping point where everyone is basically trying to get and keep subscribers to their services since Disney+ is consistently pulling further ahead and may eventually eclipse Netflix.

It's a business decision with a more long-term goal in mind.

• Like 1