What music are you listening to?

Benji

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The thread to post what you are listening to at this moment. It can be a Spotify playlist, a song on YouTube, or any other legal version of  the music that cannot get out of your head. 

[Old thread!]

This dude is playing a mostly metal festival in my area this September. He's a headliner for one of the nights, and I had never heard of him before. Instantly fell in love once I started listening to him, though -- very much Townes Van Zandt / Steve Earle type vibes. I poked around and read up more on him, and when he was in high school he played in a lot of punk and hardcore bands but quit once the music stopped making him feel anything. Started listening to bands and artists his dad liked - like Townes, Steve Earle, and Creedence Clearwater Revival - and has been making country / folk music ever since. 

Anyway, I really dig him a lot. It's going to be a lot different vibes from the likes of Pallbearer, Weedeater, Terminal Nation, The Atomic Bitchwax, etc.

• Like 1

I knew about The Con X covers album but for some reason I had never listened to Hayley Williams' cover of "Nineteen" from that album. And fucking Chvrches doing "Call It Off"! And Jack Antonoff from fun.! AND CYNDI LAUPER?!

• Like 1

I started listening to Joe Buck Yourself a little bit and it turns out he was in Th' Legendary Shack Shakers, and it reminded me of them. I was big into them like 10+ years ago, had usernames on other sites based on their songs ("South Electric Eyes", in particular) and loved this album, Pandelirium, a lot. This is one of my favorite songs from it, alongside "South Electric Eyes".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been listening to Oasis a lot lately. Gas Panic!, Sunday Morning call. I for one dont really get the "Standing on the shoulders" dislike. 

It comes from the obvious shift in style. 

If it had come after any of the following three it wouldn't have had the same impact. Oasis, definitely maybe, what's the story morning glory and be here now (regardless of how you may like one and not the other) are one thing. Standing on the shoulders of Giants is a "different band".