Pokémon: (Mew)Two Strikes Back

Bobfoc

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

And a pile of muck called Muk.

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

I mean, Gen 1 had a seahorse Pokémon called Horsea, a humanoid mime called Mr. Mime, and a pigeon Pokémon called Pidgey.

But a very creative name for the crab Pokémon...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Pokemon Unite is very fun.  It's a pretty simplistic MOBA but that's not a bad thing.  Feels like they knew what they wanted it to be and executed that vision really well.

• 4 weeks later...

My frame of reference is a little off since I never played Sword and Shield so not sure if it was in there, but the creeping up on the wild Pokemon and then actually throwing out your Pokeball to start the battle is a neat touch. Adds that extra little bit of immersion. Plus I guess you can just throw a ball directly at the Pokemon without starting battle? Dunno how useful that would be outside of level 2 Starly's but still neat.

Also, Dark Souls rolling out of the way of an Usaring that's chasing you is both utterly terrifying and hilarious.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Jerandon Cutler said:

An Egyptian region would be really cool, but they'd have to find a way to make loads of sand areas interesting :P

Also I've just seen Scyther is getting a new evo in the Legends: Arceus game, he looks great!

kleavor.png

Pyramids, Sphinx, Nile, Khan Al Kalili, Nubia, Luxor, Aswan, Alexandria, Red Sea, Cairo, Pharaoh's, a merging of Euro and African cultures and numerous other places and things to pull inspiration from. Egypt is significantly more than just the Sahara desert 😛

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2021 at 15:16, RPS said:

Should I pick up the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Game? Did anyone play it ? 

It's fine. Grindy fun. I paid $50 for it and I feel like I got my money worth. 

• 4 weeks later...

So, I've been playing through the Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra DLCs and man...they just don't care very much do they? I also hate that every legendary has to be in every game. Kind of defeats the purpose, no? We already have remakes and virtual console stuff if people want to get those particular legendaries. This catching list with Peony has felt 100% like a chore instead of fun and it includes a new legendary! Wait, it can merge like Kyurem?! Nice! But we can only pick one of the two regis...so...I guess I have to trade now? Same with the steed pokémon? Seems purposely obtuse. No one actually buys both games, do they?

I love the new designs for the legendary birds, but why not just make new legendaries? Why do they have to be new spins on the old ones? Alola formes were great and made sense due to the Hawaiian influence (isolated ecosystem), but they haven't really tried to explain why these new pokémon are named after an existing trio of legends. It's a bit like calling both sasquatches and yetis "Bigfoot" since they have a passing resemblance. Like, no...Bigfoot is not a yeti, stop calling the yeti that, game.

Anyway. I've had my weird rant. :lol:

The best thing in the Sword/Shield games has been the soundtrack. Sometimes I just want to listen to the music. Especially when those bagpipes kick in the the wilds. Ooof!

OH. And ffffffffffffffffuck everything to do with collecting hundreds of imperceivable footprints or Diglett tufts. That is the laziest crap and I cannot stand it.

1 minute ago, Tigerstyle said:

Has it always been this boring to grind? I'm playing Brilliant Diamond (I don't think I actually played Diamond and Pearl before) and you get xp for all of your Pokemon when you win a battle, you even get xp when you catch Pokemon, plus it takes about five hours of gumph before I can just spam my attacks.

No, I don't think so. 

I have found, especially early on, the Pokedex is really tiny. In Pokemon Sword, there was 500+ Pokemon to catch across the DLC. There were areas with 3-6 or so Pokemon in each area. 

In this game, early on you can tell that each area only has 2-3 Pokemon in each area. I just beat the first gym and there was not a lot of diversity of Pokemon to catch early on. 

Also... the Pokedex is heavily relying upon the original 150. I have seen enough Machops and Zubats and Geodudes in my lifetime... 

36 minutes ago, RPS said:

No, I don't think so. 

I have found, especially early on, the Pokedex is really tiny. In Pokemon Sword, there was 500+ Pokemon to catch across the DLC. There were areas with 3-6 or so Pokemon in each area. 

In this game, early on you can tell that each area only has 2-3 Pokemon in each area. I just beat the first gym and there was not a lot of diversity of Pokemon to catch early on. 

Also... the Pokedex is heavily relying upon the original 150. I have seen enough Machops and Zubats and Geodudes in my lifetime... 

Yeah I’ve done gym 2 and I’m catching stuff as I go. I went in to the underground and realised nothing I have is very good against whatever Shellos evolves in to mind you.

1 minute ago, Tigerstyle said:

Yeah I’ve done gym 2 and I’m catching stuff as I go. I went in to the underground and realised nothing I have is very good against whatever Shellos evolves in to mind you.

It's double weak to Grass, and if you've chosen correctly, you picked Turtwig.

So the only problem I can see is you chose wrong.