Pokémon: (Mew)Two Strikes Back

Bobfoc

Had a look on Twitch to see the remakes of Diamond and Pearl and I really hate the art style. It feels like a knock-off version of Pokémon, it's hard to explain. I hope I'm not just being a grumpy old bastard, like when Zelda fans shat all over Windwaker before realising it was kind of fantastic.

@TigerstyleSounds like they've put into place the current XP system where everyone gets XP for everything. It was done to make the game more user friendly, instead of asking players to swap in/out Pokémon all the time, abuse rare candies or wait to unlock an Exp Share or Exp All sort of item. Wait until you see the tidal wave of exp candies and being able to randomly cook curries that give you exp in Sword/Shield. :lol:

Also worth knowing before they patch it.

The art style is strange because outside of battle is completely different to during the battles, in the battles themselves its identical to Sword/Shield, so I don't know why they felt the need to have a difference.

I mean it's a Pokémon game so I'm loving it, but because it's a remake it feels (and theoretically is) a step back from Sword/Shield to a different era. I really miss not having the Pokémon visible in long grass so I can pinpoint what I want to battle when levelling up.

I'm still not convinced on buying the new games. Gen 4 was so good at the time, don't want to taint the memory of it.

I remember having all three, Turtwig on Diamond, Piplup on Pearl, and then a second Turtwig on Platinum because Chimchar was just the worst.

Just now, Jereeler YUTA said:

I'm still not convinced on buying the new games. Gen 4 was so good at the time, don't want to taint the memory of it.

I remember having all three, Turtwig on Diamond, Piplup on Pearl, and then a second Turtwig on Platinum because Chimchar was just the worst.

I nabbed it because I caught a good deal on a double pack for the fiancée and myself and because I haven't touched a more traditional Pokemon game in what seems like an age. This is one that I played on emulators and blazed through as well, didn't give it the proper attention and the Grand Underground stuff interests me so I figured why not.

Plus being able to get a full Pokedex and only having to worry about 400 and something sounded pretty fun for Christmas break as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jereeler YUTA said:

I don't regret it - I have played every Pokemon game. But I feel like I did when I played ORAS. It is nice but unnecessary. 

24 minutes ago, Subject Delta said:

Close Combat and Flare Blitz with STAB, plus Acrobatics naturally learnable and Earthquake by TM are the worst? No sir, that is you.

Acrobatics didn't exist in Gen 4, and Blaziken hit harder for the sake of being slower, which you can just give him Choice Scarf for.

Key part is "was" the worst, they're a lot more even now that Blaziken gets Speed Boost and Infernape gets Iron Fist.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jereeler YUTA said:

Acrobatics didn't exist in Gen 4, and Blaziken hit harder for the sake of being slower, which you can just give him Choice Scarf for.

Key part is "was" the worst, they're a lot more even now that Blaziken gets Speed Boost and Infernape gets Iron Fist.

From someone who owns a game shop and spent the day building a Digimon deck and sorting cards from Fusion Strike, I feel safe saying this.

Nerd.