England - The Southgate Years

Lineker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Marcus Rashford has dropped down to the U21's, who face Norway this international break in a qualifier: 

England Under-21 squad v Norway
Goalkeepers Angus Gunn (Manchester City), Jordan Pickford (Sunderland), Joe Wildsmith (Sheffield Wednesday)

Defenders Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Ben Chilwell (Leicester), Brendan Galloway (West Brom, loan from Everton), Kortney Hause (Wolves), Rob Holding (Arsenal), Mason Holgate (Everton), Dominic Iorfa (Wolves), Matt Targett (Southampton)

Midfielders Lewis Baker (Vitesse Arnhem, loan from Chelsea), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Isaac Hayden (Newcastle), Will Hughes (Derby), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), John Swift (Reading), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Forwards Demarai Gray (Leicester), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Marcus Rashford (Man Utd), Nathan Redmond (Southampton), Dominic Solanke (Chelsea), Duncan Watmore (Sunderland)

14 minutes ago, Baddar said:

What's wrong with that? :P

I wouldn't have minded. But it was blocked by FIFA because he played for the French U21's before he was eligible to play for England. Bit of a load of shit really.

He wasn't eligible because of the silly home nations agreement you lot in the UK have anyway. Which I'm entirely sure England will tell the other 3 to get fucked about that rule if/when a good enough player comes on the scene.

Edited by TCO

Well, Big Sam has named his squad and Mark Noble isn't even in it. Michail Antonio is though.

I must take this moment to announce defeat in my long campaign to get Mark Noble, England's greatest player never to be, into the squad. This will be my final "Mark Noble post" and from now on my avatar will revert to Donny Rovers legend James Coppinger. I know this is a shock to many, but it has to be done.

https://www.dreamteamfc.com/c/s3/dreamteamfc-prod/uploads/2016/01/mark-noble-bag.jpg

Thanks for the memories, Mark.

• Like 3