Euro 2020(1) Prediction Competition

Colly

The format of the Euros now has absolutely cabbaged my head in figuring out who may actually get to the semi finals. 

39 minutes ago, Colly said:

Think I've got 7 in so far, Gazz, Baddar, Gorka, Damshow, Kyle, Benjamin and Davidmarrio. Give me a shout if you've sent one and I've missed you, otherwise any that come in before kickoff tomorrow are fine.

I'll send everyones predictions by email shortly after that (hopefully), if I'm slow I'll post all of my early picks to ensure no cheating...

Edit: Just found Niners in spam!

Just sent mine across. 

I thought I had sent it, but apparently it was under drafts. I've sent it now... I think.

23 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

The format of the Euros now has absolutely cabbaged my head in figuring out who may actually get to the semi finals. 

I used a spreadsheet I found somewhere that automatically generates the knockout stages once you've inserted the group phase scores. I actually predicted the whole thing, sprinkled with surprises here and there because life isn't fun otherwise.

50 minutes ago, damshow said:

UEFA's website has a predictor I used to figure out who, based on my match results, would finish somewhere and make their way into each specific quarter of the knockouts.

Wish I'd found that, I think I made a hash of mine...

Got @Malenko and @DFF now.

41 minutes ago, Colly said:

Wish I'd found that, I think I made a hash of mine...

Got @Malenko and @DFF now.

I'd say not sharing that information was tactical but uhhhh I'm just not firing on all cylinders lately due to being busy and it totally slipped my mind to share it here.

Not sure if anyone wants to use it to proofread but here's a link.

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020tournamentpredictor/

Just sent out everyones predictions by email to ensure no cheating, feel free to check I've recorded yours right, should be okay though! @Kyle and @Malenko you've both missed off your pick for top goalscorer, if you still want to pick (you can't have Immobile, Insigne or OG) just let me know.

Kyle was the only one to get tonight's score correct so takes a very early lead, most picked an Italy win and Niner got a point for an Immobile goal.

Picks for winners:

• France, 9
  • Spain, 1
  • Italy, 1
  • Belgium, 1

No England, bet you all boo the knee too.

Semis (good range here, far more than in the other game I'm doing with 21 people in):

• France, 12
  • Belgium, 8
  • Portugal, 6
  • Spain, 4
  • England, 4
  • Denmark, 3 (this surprised me)
  • Italy, 3
  • Turkey, 2
  • Croatia, 2
  • Netherlands, 2
  • Germany, 1
  • Poland, 1

And top scorer picks (2 to add)

• Mbappe, 3
  • Lukaku, 2
  • Benzema, 2
  • Griezmann, 1
  • Immobile, 1
  • Lewandowski, 1

Baddar - I've just stuck your extra one in here, couldn't be arsed to separate...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colly said:

Just sent out everyones predictions by email to ensure no cheating, feel free to check I've recorded yours right, should be okay though! @Kyle and @Malenko you've both missed off your pick for top goalscorer, if you still want to pick (you can't have Immobile, Insigne or OG) just let me know.

Kyle was the only one to get tonight's score correct so takes a very early lead, most picked an Italy win and Niner got a point for an Immobile goal.

Damn right I'm winning. Always had the confidence. I'll take Lukaku as top scorer please and thank you.