General Gaming Thread 2021

Ruki

To be clear, you really need an optometrist.

• Confused 1

Just now, JMarushin said:

Its all a matter of opinion and aesthetic taste

Yes, you either think TEW20 looks better or you have no taste.

Also, if your selling point is "this looks better than TEW20" when

A) It really doesn't

B) Yours looks worse than a mobile app

C) TEW20 has customizable skins

D) The entire point is moot because aesthetics are literally the least important part of a sim game.

Then your project is not going to sell well.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Forky said:

Not to mention you're not going to make a lot of friends talking about the look of TEW when it was designed by a regular poster here....

Also, TEW's look was designed.

PWS looks just like the blandest of bland spreadsheet parsers. TEW's is colorful and helps highlight strong and weak points. PWS looks like something I'd have had to have used at a call center.

It also doesn't help that, according to that screen, workrate has been boiled down to one stat. Even EWR had three. How are you gonna call it a competitor to TEW when it can't even rate to EWR?

I find it amazing that we're at the point where we're trying to defend TEW by calling something that is looking like it's actively trying to use less stats a "spreadsheet parser" when you might as well enlist a small nation-state and train them in CSV data entry if you want to get data up and running for a TEW mod in any reasonable amount of time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Forky said:

Who had Apsham coming to play Devil's Advocate? Pick up your prize at the door :shifty: 

Not to mention that one of the things I find unappealing about TEW20 is that they took a stat out.

Also, I actually *did* help with a TEW mod. The head guy ghosted so the project kind of went nowhere, but it actually wasn't that hard.

Just now, OctoberRaven said:

Also, I actually *did* help with a TEW mod. The head guy ghosted so the project kind of went nowhere, but it actually wasn't that hard.

Okay, now you're making me call BS on you. Try making one that actually makes it to a product you're happy with putting out. 

Just now, Forky said:

Okay, now you're making me call BS on you. Try making one that actually makes it to a product you're happy with putting out. 

I actually did consider it but I never got past the planning stages. One of those writer's block issues I've been having. That collab was pretty simple work though. Granted my job was one of the simpler ones of the collab, but nagivating the menus and knowing what to do wasn't that difficult.

And I'll tell you what though. I'd rather make a mod for TEW than PWS, because everything I've seen from PWS doesn't make me want to play it.

Anywho, I've been playing Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword and it's... a lot less fun than Warband. Firearms are a game changer but for the worse, but that's also just one of the things they've changed that I don't care for.

Maybe if the game engine was more accomidating towards actually attempting squad tactical maneuvers.

I have to admit, I'm not exactly thrilled with Hitman 3. Spoilers for it below.

Spoiler

I'm someone who has kept a vague idea of the plot of the first two games, but it feels like they've made it far too prominent here, at the expense of the levels themselves. Two of the six levels have no Mission Stories to follow, and all the others only have 3 (most of H1 and H2 had 5 for every level, even the tutorial).

As soon as Agent 47 starts fighting against the ICA it stops feeling like a Hitman game, which is one of the reasons people dislike Absolution so much. The Berlin level feels like it was plucked straight from Absolution and it really grates on me.

I still need to complete the final two levels, but at this point I'm much more interested in going back to the first two games.

Still, at least the cut-scenes are fully animated again.

The levels have mission stories, they're just not all made explicit to you at the beginning of the mission. They will appear though if you find the right trigger within the mission.

2 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

So it's not good?

How many games are there out there where you can assassinate someone using only a banana?

• Like 1