EWR June 2021 Update

Well, I kept my promise, it is up by Friday for me (MST/PDT). I really wanted to get it done tonight so I don't have to worry about getting home from work, finish packing for a well needed and well earned vacation, sleeping and getting ready for the morning flight from Phoenix to Orlando...

About 70 workers were added or in some cases re-added due to being former WWE staff who have become wrestlers again or planning to or retired wrestlers who returned. Also due to TheWho's recent updates on pictures, there are well over 200 pictures in the updated pic folder whether it is updated or found pictures. That is considering you do not just download the Super Light update. Next month I plan to fix more pics as possible. I also do not plan on adding workers unless it is WWE PC wrestlers.

MLW for those of you wondering why the roster is so small in the game, it has been slimmed to who was drafted at the moment minus CONTRA members or those who I would doubt are out like Filthy Tom. Note, those drafted this week are not on the roster. See the FAQ for explanation.

WWE releases from Wednesday June 2nd will not be reflected in the update. as they happened after the change of the month. These have been noted, so please, don't mention them in the post... Again, see the FAQ for explanation.

June 2021 Super Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/l6genmdgmez3aav/June_2021_Super_Light.zip/file

June 2021 Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s917tca1xg7zidb/June_2021_Light.zip/file

June 2021 Full: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jnavpubixdzaq7j/June_2021_Full.zip/file

FAQ:

How do I successfully import data?

Spoiler

You can do this by one of two ways, by copying the folder itself or the files.

By folder:
Select the folders you wish to copy from the export folder.
Right click and select copy.
Go into your EWR4-2 folder.
Right click and select paste.
When asked to update existing files, check yes.

By file:
Select all the files you want.
Right click and select copy
Go into your EWR4-2 folder.
Go into the sub-folder you are transferring over (DATA for data, PICS for worker and staff pictures, etc.)
Right click and select paste.
When asked to update existing files, check yes.

I would STRONGLY advise NOT to move the data files for a save file! Doing this can ruin morale for workers and mess with your title picture.

Also, I would do by file for updated pics, unless you do the full update

What is a full, light or super light update?

Spoiler

I post three updates each month, a Super Light, a Light and a Full update.

The Super Light update is just the DATA folder update for the new month. It is the smallest of the files and perfect if you update PICs, LOGOs and BANNERs yourself.

The Light update is the DATA folder update for the new month with PICs files. PICs for new adds (not workers who become staff or staff who become workers) are in the PIC folder. If I found updated PICs of workers or PICs of workers whom I haven't gotten a PIC of previously, it is in the Updated PICs folder. If a promotion changes its logo or has a new banner, I include a LOGO or BANNER folder.

The Full update is the DATA folder updated for the new month with everything. This is suggested for new users of EWR. This has every PIC of a worker or staff in the PIC folder. Every logo of a promotion in game whether playable or Japanese touring commitment in the PIC folder. It also includes a banner for every playable promotion in the game in the BANNER folder. The folders and files are in regardless of updates or not.

Included with every update is a pic update txt file. In the pic update, it shows for workers and staff with existing pic files, what their pic file path is in the new month's data.

You uploaded the files after the beginning of the month/I just found it and we are in the current month, why do I start in the next month? And how can I fix this?

Spoiler

EWR plays off of your computer's clock. Most Windows computers now run on internet calendars that have your time already set for you by default. When you play EWR, it goes by your computer's calender. If it says June and you are starting a game with the June data, you will actually start your game in July, not June.

If you want to start a game in the actual month of the data update:
First, you want to make sure your computer's calendar is manual and not automatic. Automatic is your default calendar for most modern Windows versions. If you keep it automatic, you'll start in the next month. Depending on your version, this maybe different to turn off so I would Google the steps for your particular Windows OS.
Second, once your computer calendar is in manual, set your calendar back to the appropriate month. If you are using the current data, set your calendar back to sometime last month. If you are doing a classic update or a what if for a specific period, set it to the preferred period. Say for a WWF Invasion data starting in June 2001, you set to May 2001.
Third, create a new game as normal.
Finally, once the new game is running, you can set the computer calendar back to the present by manual or automatic.

What are these weird Japanese touring promotions that I never heard of?

Spoiler

The Japanese touring promotions are set by 12 promotions in Japan at the time of EWR 4-2's release in mid-2003. These are set by different stats or ticked boxes. For instance, a worker with shooting ability ticked, could get signed to BattlArts or PRIDE. Of the 12 promotions listed, only All Japan (AJPW), Big Japan (BJPW), FMW (now FMW and FMW-E), Michinoku Pro, New Japan (NJPW), NOAH, Toryumon (Dragon Gate) and Zero1 still exist. The rest cannot be edited or removed since Ryland lost the source coding and moved on from freeware to software in the TEW series. I use WMF as DDT but most are not used for other promotions. Since there is no Joshi touring promotions, Joshi wrestlers are fully "free agents" in the game.

Why is worker X not added to WWE? Why is worker Y not renamed to worker Z? Why is worker A not WWE Cruiserweight Champion?

Spoiler

I go by what happens in the month most times. Unless I say it is based around a specific PPV event (namely WrestleMania) or draft, the update is intended to reflect the wrestling landscape as of the end of the month. If WWE releases people on the first, it will be reflected in the next month's update, even if I am late in posting it. If you wish to change it after you download it, be my guest. I just try to make it true to the game.

Why is worker T marked as male, they are transgender.

Spoiler

A few workers in the game namely Nyla Rose and Edith Surreal are trans wrestlers. Nyla is female because she wrestles females exclusively. Edith however is male since Edith wrestles both men and women. Due to the game being made in a time when male workers complained about putting female workers over, if Edith who identifies as female was booked over a male wrestler, the male wrestler would complain about putting over a female. Should Edith win a Women's title, this would change it, but for simplicity, Edith is "male" for the game to cause less issues. The game was built during a time of binary genders (despite having Mexican exoticos) and due to the source code being lost, there is no way to fix it so that a male worker will gladly put over a female. This is not me being a bigot, but playing to an arcane freeware game.

Edited by mkpunk
  • Like 1

• Lineker pinned and featured this topic

Oh and a head's up, until Velveteen Dream is removed from the WWE roster page or WWE makes his release official, he will remain in WWE. Not that I don't take PWInsider as a legit source (I do), it is just that if he was released, it would have gotten "We wish him well on his future endeavors."

as always, thanks for your hard work, you do a great job and i just think it needs to be said more.  on the other hand I hate when we have to do these posts, but Pasion Kristal passed away on June 2nd, so he will have to be removed in next month's update :(

Edited by NJTNAFan

On 05/06/2021 at 05:55, Lineker said:

Unlikely, considering the circumstances around it. There was also his own blog post confirming it...

When Velveteen is off the roster page, yes. He has been on and WWE didn't come to terms with his release from his contract. Remember WWE officially fired several NXT-UK talents related to #SpeakingOut and made the announcement public. I don't think PWInsider would lie bit with him still being on the roster page and no announcement speaks to something...

On 05/06/2021 at 12:53, NJTNAFan said:

as always, thanks for your hard work, you do a great job and i just think it needs to be said more.  on the other hand I hate when we have to do these posts, but Pasion Kristal passed away on June 2nd, so he will have to be removed in next month's update :(

I caught that.

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/06/2021 at 23:37, mkpunk said:

Oh and a head's up, until Velveteen Dream is removed from the WWE roster page or WWE makes his release official, he will remain in WWE. Not that I don't take PWInsider as a legit source (I do), it is just that if he was released, it would have gotten "We wish him well on his future endeavors."

Velveteen was removed from the WWE roster page so I guess it is official. Kinda surprised this stay so hush-hush though...

Edited by mkpunk

18 hours ago, Lineker said:

This kind of scenario is the exact sort of thing a huge corporation like WWE would want to keep quiet in the down low.

But as I mentioned a year ago WWE was upfront with releasing Chris Roberts, El Ligero, Jack Gallagher, Joel Allen and Travis Banks as well as a suspension for Joe Coffey and I think Wolfgang too. That was the reason I had pause on actually doing it. Once I fully checked the roster and saw his profile as vacant and he isn't in the alumni (which to my knowledge the rest of the #SpeakingOut casualties weren't either) gives me reason he was released. It was weird WWE was out-front with those, not Velveteen...

FYI for now if the newly released talents had a previous gimmick, they will be under that name.

I think the only workers I am adding this month is the now named Brutus Creed, Carlie Bravo, George South Jr., Hayden Backlund Joe Ariola, Julia Hart, Smart Mark Sterling, Parker Bordeaux, Vary Morales and BROCK... Anderson.

Edited by mkpunk

• Admin
1 hour ago, mkpunk said:

But as I mentioned a year ago WWE was upfront with releasing Chris Roberts, El Ligero, Jack Gallagher, Joel Allen and Travis Banks as well as a suspension for Joe Coffey and I think Wolfgang too. That was the reason I had pause on actually doing it.

Because they had no other choice other than to be. Their hand was forced in a very public manner.

Anyway! Doesn't matter now! :)

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic