The Sir Alex Ferguson Thread (For Manager related news)

Baddar

If it's him then I think I'm whelmed. Reasons to be concerned, reasons to be cautiously optimistic. We'll see, I guess.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm the same. It's not who I wanted, but also if we're going to hire a DOF, we also need to hire a manager who he feels like he can work with and who can work in tandem together. Happy to reserve some judgement and just hope we're actually operating sensibly for once. 

Also he can have his two / three years and then we can have Poch back :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MadJack said:

Spurs last season: 7th, 62 points, 18 wins, 8 draws, 68 goals scored
Roma last season: 7th, 62 points, 18 wins, 8 draws, 68 goals scored

Spurs manager last season: Jose Mourinho
Roma manager last season: Paulo Fonseca

It's like Football Manager where managers just take each others job whenever there's a firing :lol:

• Haha 1

I thought Roma did relatively well with Fonseca and I'm jealous that Spurs are getting him, as he's a huge improvement over Jose IMO, but not qualifying for the UCL twice in a row really was the nail in the coffin for him (and just barely qualify for Europe above Sassuolo). That disastrous ending where Roma won only 3 of their last 12 or something games in the Serie A did it for him. 

Have no idea what Jose is going to do with this team, though, but I'm not looking forward to the next season of Seria A where it looks like Juve is going to go back to business. 

39 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah, he won it.

I remember his leaving thing on the final day of the season at City and hardly anyone stayed behind. Made me feel quite sad. He's a good manager always liked him. 

Don't think it's the right move for Everton at this time though. 

24 minutes ago, Adam said:

We're nearly at the point where me and Kyle get linked to the Everton job as co-managers, the list of touted names is a mile long.

Oh, so you didn't get the email?

• Sad 1