The Sir Alex Ferguson Thread (For Manager related news)

Baddar

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Eddie Howe would be another Martinez appointment. Play nice football but have no real backbone or driving philosophy, and suffer as a result. Plus he's an arrogant sod.

Howe is trendy, but if you look at it he really didn't progess Bournemouth once they got into the Premier League and whilst he did very well to get them there, Bournemouth outspent everyone on their way up the leagues thanks to Maxim Demin's money, doing so illegally in the Championship.

And his spending in the Prem was pretty shocking too. 

Its getting to the point of Levy closing his eyes and pointing at a name on a list. 

Scraping names out of a barrel here

Gattuso getting absolutely livid on English touchlines would be a great sight to see. 

36 minutes ago, Dang117 said:

Quite surprised Spurs haven't held talks with someone like Lampard or Nuno at this point both available surley they'll have to bite the bullet and go for a pint if Poch doesn't become available 

Isnt Lampard already appointed as Palace’s manager?

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

Its getting to the point of Levy closing his eyes and pointing at a name on a list. 

Scraping names out of a barrel here

Levy quite literally playing a blinder?

• Like 1

Gattuso was a disgusting player, seemingly a disgusting human being, and has won a whole 1 trophy as a manager. 

From the sound of it, Fonseca wasn't even the first to know about him being taken out of consideration, so we've treated him like shit too.

This football club is an absolute mess.

I think this whole time I've really been like "I'm really not that picky about the manager, just sign someone decent and start working on fixing this squad" but if the choice is between more weeks of irritating uncertainty and indecision or Gennaro Gattuso, I'm taking the uncertainty.

• Like 3

Gennaro Gattuso would be an utterly horrible appointment. No reason to believe he would do well, and his managerial career is quite frankly a car crash. Which is no surprise for the man really.

He was sacked after 12 games at FC Sion, then 8 at Palermo. He lasted six months at OFI Crete (yep) and resigned twice, then unsuccessfully applied to be the manager of Hamilton Academical in Scotland.

Things look up from there as he takes over at Pisa and gets them promoted from Serie B, resigns immediately, changes his mind then gets them relegated bottom of Serie A with the worst attack in the league. This two year spell is the longest of his near decade-long coaching career overall.

Then, based I presume on his playing reputation, he gets the job as manager of AC Milan and keeps them underachieving in 5th/6th place in Serie A before being replaced and he ends up succeeding Carlo Ancelotti at Napoli later that year. They finish a lowly 7th but win Coppa Italia on penalties, and when they fail to reach the Champions League again the following season he is sacked.

Then he joins Fiorentina only to leave after a month of off-season due to disagreements over transfers.

I mean, if Tottenham appoint him they may as well give up. Kane won't be the only one running for the door.

• Like 1