Favorite bands that EWB told you about

VerbalPuke

Pretty simple yeah? I've been listening to Soulwax a lot thanks to RPS, one of my favorite bands is Morphine thanks to Skummy, years and years ago a chap here named Ewok Avenger (his AOL name...forgot his EWB  name, he's an OG type though) introduced me to Crucifucks, and I know for certain there are so many other cool bands and artists I got into because of yall. I know for certain there are more of you that have a profound impact on the type of music I like. 

In fact, I think EWB has been very instrumental in shaping my taste in music. I mean yes, I've found my own shit and had my own thing going but I think this board has helped removed a lot of my tunnel vision regarding music. 

This thread is to show appreciation to our EWB community for the awesome music we became obsessed with because of the community we have here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kyle. said:

I probably would never have listened to Scroobius Pip if it wasn't for Keith.

Also a good shout, can't believe I didn't list that one. Probably wouldn't know Pip if his doppelganger wasn't around!

• Like 1

EWB Eurovision definitely turned me on to bands/songs, both from artists I discovered because of my own searching for songs to submit and because of inspired choices by others. The biggest would probably be First Aid Kit, who I would have found out about once they started breaking a little bigger in the States but because of them being picked for (and winning) a Eurovision I got into a couple months before that.

I also still have a load of MP3s I got from Kou over MSN Messenger back when. I think he got me into RIP SLYME, and I still have all the DJ Format tracks I got from him that occasionally come up if I'm playing WinAmp on shuffle. There have to be more, I'm sure I found out about stuff from various folks on here, but that's what immediately comes to mind.

(I also have a Gaslight Anthem album because of EWB. I don't like it, but I have it.)

• Like 1

I can't remember specific bands but RPS, Skummy, GoGo and VP amongst others are some cool cats and I've definitely been steered onto a lot of good stuff by them. So well done for that. YI (RIP) also used to recommend a lot of stuff but I generally took that as a reason not to listen to them.

But I dunno if I would attribute anything solely to EWB. It's so easy to find music these days that you end up being overwhelmed, so I'll usually only check something out if multiple people recommend it so that it creates this kind of bursting point, and a lot of EWB have definitely been part of those multiple recommendations. (I might check out something on the basis of a single recommendation if I fancy you, but as much as I like you guys, I've not really arrived to that point with any of you.)

11 hours ago, metalman said:

I can't remember specific bands but RPS, Skummy, GoGo and VP amongst others are some cool cats and I've definitely been steered onto a lot of good stuff by them. So well done for that. YI (RIP) also used to recommend a lot of stuff but I generally took that as a reason not to listen to them.

But I dunno if I would attribute anything solely to EWB. It's so easy to find music these days that you end up being overwhelmed, so I'll usually only check something out if multiple people recommend it so that it creates this kind of bursting point, and a lot of EWB have definitely been part of those multiple recommendations. (I might check out something on the basis of a single recommendation if I fancy you, but as much as I like you guys, I've not really arrived to that point with any of you.)

How do you explain that sexual tension going on between you and LL then?

!!! and at least clarifying who UNKLE was from @tristy

Anything Nicolas Jaar but specifically DARKSIDE. But I also probably would not have given Dua Lipa a fair shake without @RPS

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that stick out the most. 

• Like 1