441px-2021_Copa_Am%C3%A9rica_logo.svg.pn

GROUP A (SOUTH ZONE)
23px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png ARGENTINA
22px-Flag_of_Bolivia_%28state%29.svg.png BOLIVIA
23px-Flag_of_Uruguay.svg.png URUGUAY
23px-Flag_of_Chile.svg.png CHILE
23px-Flag_of_Paraguay.svg.png PARAGUAY

GROUP B (NORTH ZONE)
22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png BRAZIL (hosts)
23px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png COLOMBIA
23px-Flag_of_Venezuela_%28state%29.svg.p VENEZUELA
23px-Flag_of_Ecuador.svg.png ECUADOR
23px-Flag_of_Peru_%28state%29.svg.png PERU

---

Matchday 1 13th–14th June
Matchday 2 17th–18th June
Matchday 3 20th–21st June
Matchday 4 23rd–24th June
Matchday 5 27th–28th June

---

2021 Copa América squads

---

• Following the withdrawals of Qatar and Australia, the schedule was shortened. The top four teams of each group will advance to the quarter-finals.
  • The tournament runs 13th June – 10th July.
  • The UK broadcasting rights are held by the BBC; I believe that the plan is for matches to be shown via the iPlayer.

8 minutes ago, Malenko said:

I'm not so sure Venezuela won't qualify. They have in the last 2 copa Americas.

I'll be watching all of it anyway, because that's the kind of person I am. :shifty:

It's nice since Copa matches more or less start once Euro matches end. In the US I can basically watch 10 hours of matches as part of a normal day.

Brazil 3-0 Venezuela. Could have scored another to be fair.

Venezuela apparently lost more than the 5 outfield players they had announced to covid as they only had 14 outfield players for this. Apparently teams are allowed to replace any player affected by covid. Venezuela's new batch of players will arrive in time for the next game.

Bolivia apparently will also have to replace 3 players with covid.

Colombia beat Ecuador 1-0. Ecuador were in possession for most of this, but didn't create much. Colombia scored n one of the very few times they did something. The second half was even worse. Colombia barely left their area but Ecuador again, couldn't do much with the ball, however, they did get a couple of chances near the end and wasted both. Lucky 3 points for Colombia, which may as well be enough to go through. They could probably do even less in the next few matches and still qualify.

You thought you wouldn't have to watch the group stages but Argentina are already bottling their first game by drawing 1-1 with Chile after giving away a ridiculous penalty.

Messi had an absolutely brilliant free kick, though, but the best moment so far was the video tribute for Maradona.

Edited by Benjamin

Amazing how many chances they missed. Could have easily won it 3-1.

As for the other match, the one that actually ended 3-1, it wasn't more because they didn't try hard enough. It was an embarassment.  Bolivia actually 1-0 ahead at the half but had a player sent-off right before half time.

Bolivia had a lucky break to be leading with a penalty kick 9 minutes into the match, the first time they tried something, while Paraguay missed many chances before (yes, before) and after the goal, but in the second half 10 vs 11 was way too much for Bolivia. It ended 3-1 but it could have been really ugly for them.

By far the worst south american team atm.

Chilean mother. First time he played for them. When he joined the team it was only his second time in Chile, first since he was 1 year old.

He played the last 15 minutes or so, ran a bit and got about half a dozen touches, in case anyone was wondering.

• Like 1

Just now, FLiam said:

Wonder if he even speaks Spanish.

“I have been learning keywords. They also provided me with the basic football words, and my understanding with my teammates has been very good,” he explained.

“I have also spoken a lot with Sebastián Vegas, because I was with him the first night, and he also speaks very good English, but, in general, I have got along well with everyone.”

I'll go out on a limb and say no.

After getting a lucky win vs Ecuador, this time Colombia didn't manage to score a single goal against Venezuela B. 0-0 was the final score, despite the fact Venezuela barely ever left their area. 

Brazil got another easy W, 4-0. Peru was the victim this time.