Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

United can’t manage PSG silly.

I’m signed off work so watched the Liverpool league win stuff again to cheer me up. So from that team, Lovren, Wijnaldum, Lallana and Shaqiri have since left. Adding Konate, Thiago, Jones and Jota since.

I’d say that’s an upgrade. Liverpool really do just need to stay fit.

15 hours ago, MadJack said:

Giving Ole the Spurs game is clearly all part of a Poch-related masterplan. Spurs get a win that saves Nuno's job, alleged "frustrations" on the parts of PSG's players and hierarchy come to a head and Poch leaves, then United swoop in. :shifty:

Wasn't there a thing that came out that basically Fergie has backed Ole along with a few others so they're probably gonna stick with him for a while. 

It sounds harsh but Fergie looming around the club isn't good. Especially if he's still got some form of power and influence 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

Wasn't there a thing that came out that basically Fergie has backed Ole along with a few others so they're probably gonna stick with him for a while. 

It sounds harsh but Fergie looming around the club isn't good. Especially if he's still got some form of power and influence 

Agree with you there. As great as the former manager is, a new era should have that separation. Didn't something similar happen at Liverpool with Bill Shankly after he left?

Say what you will of post-Wenger Arsenal's on-field results, it doesn't sound as if he has any contact with the club. Yes I'm aware he's busy ruining the sport as we know it. But you truly need distance from an ex-manager, especially since they'll have a level of loyalty to certain people who get in the way of a club's progress.

25 minutes ago, Adam said:

Agree with you there. As great as the former manager is, a new era should have that separation. Didn't something similar happen at Liverpool with Bill Shankly after he left?

Shankly, IIRC, continued to turn up to training at Melwood for a while after retirement.

United have a mix of two problems that Liverpool had. Like Liverpool in the early 80s, their iconic former manager is still at the club in some capacity and as Liverpool did in the 90s, they have a host of ex-players who are now pundits at a time when the team isn't performing as well as it once did.

I can't think of a more demoralising sight in football than seeing Jonjo Shelvey subbed on when you're 3-0 down at home.

• Haha 4

Brighton full credit for the point today. They played us off the park today. A midfield trio of Hendo/Jones/Ox is just begging to be overrun and the channels exploited; Brighton did it to perfection today. A very tired, very pathetic second half performance. Alas.

14 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I can't think of a more demoralising sight in football than seeing Jonjo Shelvey subbed on when you're 3-0 down at home.

I was on for money if Longstaff got a booking. I hate Shelvey at the best of times but you'll probably see my level of rage on MOTD...

Nuno seems like a decent man who's gotten a job he's very much not up to. I mean, I don't know who is up to the impossible task of unfucking Tottenham Hotspur but it's not him.

• Like 2