UEFA Champions League 2021/22

Lineker

3 hours ago, damshow said:

Can't get over how their crest looks like it was made by some 6th grader in a digital arts class.

1280px-FC_Sheriff.svg.png

Holy shit, I'm so glad they haven't changed that crest since Spurs faced them in a Europa League playoff match, like... seven or eight years ago now? What a wild story this is.

• Like 1

Dundalk FC knocked Sheriff out of the Europa league Qualifying rounds last year.

In the last 12 months, Dundalk have a better record against Sheriff Tiraspol in Europe than Real Madrid.

• Haha 1

I have a really stupid United fan on Facebook, he doesn't take any criticism of Ole or when the team playing poorly. His argument look how many times United won games late under Sir Alex Ferguson, comparing the greatest football manager in club football history to a manager who hasn't won trophy and trying to defend it by winning the game late is daft. I'm not being to harsh but that's a stupid opinion to state and potentially die on

9 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Insane that United just won this. They deserved nothing from this, and somehow are getting all the points

I'd like to be angry at this typical Liverpool fan reaction, being salty about United winning a game, but it's the truth.

Villarreal could have been out of sight. They attacked us more than I anticipated, probably because of our defensive absentees. Good thing they didn't have Moreno fit. It helps that De Gea is back to something resembling his best now that he knows Henderson is a real challenger for the position.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

I'd like to be angry at this typical Liverpool fan reaction, being salty about United winning a game, but it's the truth.

Villarreal could have been out of sight. They attacked us more than I anticipated, probably because of our defensive absentees. Good thing they didn't have Moreno fit. It helps that De Gea is back to something resembling his best now that he knows Henderson is a real challenger for the position.

That David De Gea bit is spot on mate. He has really been exceptional this season. United sitting on 0 points after 2 matches wouldn't have been the end of the world, but goodness the pressure would've been insane on Ole. That was huge for United.

Yeah given the other result in their group yesterday United on 0 points (or 1 point) after the first 2 matches wouldn't have really been a cause for panic. But it definitely would've created this added level of pressure on Ole.

Also all I'll really add about that match is it's not a good thing to need to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. It's a 90 minute game and if for most of those 90 you're clearly not the best side you'll lose far more than you win. We forget most of the matches in history but remember the dramatic finishes. So we tend to place more value on how teams finish matches, even though it's not indicative of much at all.