2020 Tokyo Olympics

Lineker

For those who want to watch a lot and also whatever they want at all times, you can use Eurosport player. You have everything there, you can rewatch it, schedules, it tells you if it's still group stages or medals, etc.. it's paid but cheap and worth it if you're planning on watching a lot of stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm catching up on the opening ceremony and...pretty shit, eh? I'm an hour in and struggling to stay awake. It's the middle of the day as I say this.

WAIT. Never mind, we just got Greece arriving with video game tunes! Fuck yeah! :w00t:

The best part of the opening ceremony itself was the Pictograms thing, which was a pretty fun bit of live staging. That comes after the parade of nations, though, so you're not there yet.

I'll forever wonder what could have been in a non-pandemic world. I was so excited about what Tokyo's opening ceremonies would have looked like after London and Rio's.

• Like 2

Australia coming out to Robo's theme from Chrono Trigger (which sounds like Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up) is enough for me to forgive everything.

The Pictograms! Only Japan could get away with that, that was the best silliness. :lol:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

The best part of the opening ceremony itself was the Pictograms thing, which was a pretty fun bit of live staging. That comes after the parade of nations, though, so you're not there yet.

I watched bits of it live, the BBC cut the pictograms out of the highlights version. :(

Back on the gaming news, sometimes when they score in the 3x3 basketball they play the Mario power up noise.

• Sad 1

Shock win in the women's Road Race...so shocking that the chasing pack didn't even realise she was ahead so when van Vleuten came home in 2nd she celebrated victory. Anna Kiesenhofer actually won to take Austria's first Cycling gold since the 1800s.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I noticed discovery+ has a lot of the coverage too. They're currently doing a deal for £29.99/12 months which I may well take advantage of. They have the rights to the Australian and French Open Tennis plus Snooker events so it's decent enough for sport before you even factor in the Documentaries.

One thing to note though - you can get their App on Xbox but not PS4/5. It's on Smart TVs but certain models it seems.

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

I noticed discovery+ has a lot of the coverage too. They're currently doing a deal for £29.99/12 months which I may well take advantage of. They have the rights to the Australian and French Open Tennis plus Snooker events so it's decent enough for sport before you even factor in the Documentaries.

One thing to note though - you can get their App on Xbox but not PS4/5. It's on Smart TVs but certain models it seems.

Discovery own Eurosport. I've got their app downloaded onto our Apple TV.