Sony Megathread 2021

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

PS5 showing as in stock on Argos. I checked my local stores and I could pick one up Friday, so worth a look if you're trying.

I saw that, I think Argos was even trending on Twitter.

• 2 weeks later...

All of a sudden, my PS5 is cycling between "lan cable connected, lan cable disconnected"

Was working fine last night 😕

10 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

All of a sudden, my PS5 is cycling between "lan cable connected, lan cable disconnected"

Was working fine last night 😕

So a hard reset didn't work... but a hard reset + switching the cable around + changing the port I use on the router did.

4 hours ago, tristy said:

Horizon: Forbidden West gets pushed back, with a release date of February 18th, 2022. Fuck.

Wasn't it already pushed back to 2022? At least, I thought it was. February is actually sooner than I was expecting!

I really thought that it was already pushed back to 2022 so February was a pleasant surprise for me. As was the 60 frame patch for the original, which is great because I wanted to go through that before Lost Horizon came out - I only made it part way through that game because of how stacked its release timing was.

So, thanks to an Amazon pricing error, I now own Demons Souls on PS5. The immediate thought is to flip it since it's probably worth somewhere between £40-60. Plus, by the time I do ever get a PS5, it'll probably be as cheap (if not cheaper) than what I paid. Going from the last few generations, most big name titles will drop relatively quickly across the Xbox/PS libraries and it's only that quite niche stuff that will retain value, which arguably DS is but is it more mainstream given that it's one of the few big launch titles? Plus there's this weird thought in my head of, given how limited the supply of the PS5 is at launch, are the games in this launch window being sold in fewer numbers so they'll be rarer in future?

I can't remember when it was a playstation plus game but I've finally gotten round to playing Days Gone. It's sort of reminding me of State of Decay, but on a triple A scale.

I've never been so stressed out playing a game before.

6 hours ago, Kaney said:

I can't remember when it was a playstation plus game but I've finally gotten round to playing Days Gone. It's sort of reminding me of State of Decay, but on a triple A scale.

I've never been so stressed out playing a game before.

This. Dealing with hordes always left me absolutely winded. 

On 26/08/2021 at 01:05, Ruki Returns said:

Really enjoying 13 Sentinels! The story is super cool. Loving how each individual story fits in with the rest of the characters. 

Still all of this. Seeing all the connecting points is mind blowing. I'm starting to have to take notes just so I don't forget anything...

Spoiler

Tomi Kisaragi= Miyuki Inaba?? (Similar voice, Tomi says she sings)
Juro grandma = an AI???
Shu =  Ida (scientist) + director of SIU
Iori= Ms. Murimora

Juro= killing kids (Tomi is one)

And this is after me getting roughly 30% through the story. Mostly doing Juro and Iori.

Despite stating that you could get a free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 of Horizon Forbidden West, it's no longer the case and you have to buy it twice if you buy the disc version or certain digital versions.

Pretty shitty for those without a PS5.

EDIT: The cheapest way to get access to both the PS4 and PS5 versions is £80/$80 - the Digital Deluxe option.

This isn't just a Sony thing, and it's apparent it happens with other games, but even more surprising to me is the special/collectors editions which come with figurines and stuff don't actually come with a physical version of the game, and they're £200+.