Sony Megathread 2021

20 hours ago, Colly said:

Though I would definitely recommend trying to find a way to play multiplayer if you can. Shouting at my useless 9 year old was one of the highlights of lockdown.

TBF you could replace 9-year-old with anyone because this game just leads to anger, yelling, and mild violence.

2 minutes ago, 9 to 5 said:

Why would you want to play a game like Predator offline?

Interested in the property but don't like playing online? It's the reason I never even looked at Friday The 13th (same developer, ironically) until they patched in some single player stuff. The new Aliens game looks like it was made with multiplayer in mind, but it still has solo play for people who'd prefer it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, apsham said:

Interested in the property but don't like playing online? It's the reason I never even looked at Friday The 13th (same developer, ironically) until they patched in some single player stuff. The new Aliens game looks like it was made with multiplayer in mind, but it still has solo play for people who'd prefer it.

Exactly.

Friday the 13th is fun enough, and I am happy to have it, but we've played a few matches online and just weren't really fans of the experience.

Online play is not for us.

On 05/09/2021 at 15:15, Gabriel said:

Exactly.

Friday the 13th is fun enough, and I am happy to have it, but we've played a few matches online and just weren't really fans of the experience.

Online play is not for us.

Its even worse now when the whole game ends if the host quits.

4 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Yep you're right. Just saw it again on twitter. I think I'm going to watch it but I have no idea why. I got rid of my PS4 and like hell will I ever find a PS5 :( 

So you can be prepared for when you get one! And because it's fun to get excited about games. 

It's definitely harder to get excited about showcases for games on a console you don't have and probably won't have for a long time. At least the Xbox games come to PC as well.

On the other hand, I suppose the idea of having a bigger pile of games to catch up on when you finally do get a system is sort of nice. I got a PS3 in 2010 and could then play all the games I'd missed out on, like Metal Gear Solid 4, Infamous, LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted. They were all nice and cheap too, rather than the full £40 they would have been at launch.