Sony Megathread 2021

The workaround that's been suggested so far is to create a 2nd account, claim and download the game onto your system via that one, then when you claim it on your main, it'll be downloaded and ready to go.

Still, it's silly and needs changing.

I can't believe I almost forgot this but excuse me fellow PS5 owners ( :w00t: ) but what are the hot exclusives for the console that we own? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Also is there like a super easy difficulty setting on Deathloop? That's probably one of my first choices outside of Ratchet and Clank but I am kinda worried about it being too hard

• Like 6

59 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I can't believe I almost forgot this but excuse me fellow PS5 owners ( :w00t: ) but what are the hot exclusives for the console that we own? :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Also is there like a super easy difficulty setting on Deathloop? That's probably one of my first choices outside of Ratchet and Clank but I am kinda worried about it being too hard

Yay! I am excited you got it :D

Deathloop has no difficulty setting. But, if you disable player invasions, the game itself isn't too difficult. 

But for exclusives: Spiderman was a blast and beautiful, Bugsnax was delightful, and Astro's Playroom (which is free, yay!) was really fun!

• Thanks 1

You can also do a trial of PS Now I believe, the service has added the ability to download games - and they just put stuff like Last of Us 2 on it, that you can get the PS5 patch for.

If you missed any PS4 exclusives, PS+ members have a big section of them for free if you have a membership as well.

Deathloop gets easier once you get certain abilities (the Dishonoured styled teleport for instance) and the AI in it is VERY dumb for the enemies. It kind of makes up for the lack of difficulty.

5 hours ago, Your Mom said:

😢

Oh! And another thing for Deathloop - if you're in an area and you wanna explore it to find leads, etc. - it's pretty easy to wipe out all the enemies (because of how dumb they are) and then that's it for that area, you can pretty much walk around freely. There's only a few areas with A LOT of enemies that make it a chore and even then, with some of the abilities where they can never - it's just something that takes a while versus something terribly hard.

41 minutes ago, apsham said:

Oh! And another thing for Deathloop - if you're in an area and you wanna explore it to find leads, etc. - it's pretty easy to wipe out all the enemies (because of how dumb they are) and then that's it for that area, you can pretty much walk around freely. There's only a few areas with A LOT of enemies that make it a chore and even then, with some of the abilities where they can never - it's just something that takes a while versus something terribly hard.

The power that links up enemies so you can take out 6 guys with one headshot is my favourite favourite far but I've not done much tbf.

Is it worth just spending a whole loop in one area to track down as many leads/residuum as possible or would that suck some of the fun out of it? I'm never quite sure what to do next sometimes.

1 hour ago, Kaney said:

The power that links up enemies so you can take out 6 guys with one headshot is my favourite favourite far but I've not done much tbf.

Is it worth just spending a whole loop in one area to track down as many leads/residuum as possible or would that suck some of the fun out of it? I'm never quite sure what to do next sometimes.

That's the thing for me - after a while I was like "I'm in this loop again... and I don't think I'm making progress" which for me, kind of started to suck some of the fun out of it. If you spend time trying to get all the leads you can - your next time through you might be spoiled for choice where to go, because you'll have like 2-3 leads to follow in an area, and you can do them all in that go, and then 2-3 individual stories will progress whether they're Visionary or Arsenal ones.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kaney said:

I wouldn't worry about residuum. I got halfway through the game and stopped using it almost completely 

Are you in the market for a new one? I hear the LG OLED C1 and CX are supposed to be the best displays for the new consoles, but they'll most likely have a four-figure price tag. There's also the risk of screen burn, although it's apparently much less of a problem that it was a few years ago.

From what I can tell, Samsung QLED televisions are a good second bet. They're really good with bright colours and cost quite a bit less than OLED units. You'd need one of the newest models if you want to play at 120fps, though.

Yeah, getting a new one when I move into my new place, since my 2017 smart TV ain't been quite right lately.  The C1 was on my radar before I got whacked with repair bills, so $1500 for a TV isn't gonna happen right now.  It's mpossible not to go look at one at Best Buy and end up wanting one thought.  But I don't want to deal with the risk of burn in, and the room its going in can get pretty bright.   Samsung's Q90A is the best non-OLED, but its priced the same as the C1.

Was thinking of getting a Sony, but I'm seeing a lot that says Hisense and TCL's latest models are just as good as Sony's latest non OLED offerings and like $400 cheaper.

16 hours ago, Maxx said:

What kind of TV's are you fine folks running? 

I got a loaner from my parents because my last TV burned out. I mean, it's free, so I can't quite complain, but it's max resolution is 1080p and doesn't support HDR. So everything I'm running that's next gen on the PS5 and Series S isn't quite what it was on my last one. So I'm kinda in the same boat as you - looking for a good 4K capable TV that's not going to break my bank. I really wish the TV I had hadn't of burnt out, because it was a great one (it was a Vizio).