Nintendo Megathread 2021

37 minutes ago, damshow said:

Wow they actually got Sora in Smash, congrats to all those people who begged and pleaded for over a decade. Also looks like the KH series is headed to Switch, probably part of the deal to put Sora in the game.

It's been revealed that they're all cloud versions, so you'll need a good internet connection to play them. It's better than nothing, I suppose, but it's not a viable option for a lot of people.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/10/2021 at 12:21, Maxx said:

Where's Powdered Toast Man?  Where's Reptar?  Where's Helga Pitaki?  Smash is old news!

Olmec for Nick All-Stars

Been playing Astral Chain lately. Really fun stuff, but I wish the character customization was deeper. I want to buy more clothes and make my supercop even more out of place.

I'm getting it because I already had over a year's worth of regular Switch Online paid for, meaning that I get a discount on the Expansion Pack membership. I was also going to get the Animal Crossing DLC anyway, so it makes sense for me to go for it.

Finished Astral Chain. Pretty solid game but nothing mindblowing. There's some cheap BS to deal with but otherwise not that difficult. The story is the best part of it although it does get a bit predictable at times.

I do wish they made it less difficult to upgrade the Legions, or at least give me a reason to ever want to use more than just the starter in combat 99% of the time.

Bought myself a N64 controller for Switch and some new joycons! I'll have a look into getting the Expansion Pack as well but not 100% yet. I can still use the N64 controller for other games as far as I know? Would be cool to use it in Mario Party too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Owen said:

Bought myself a N64 controller for Switch and some new joycons! I'll have a look into getting the Expansion Pack as well but not 100% yet. I can still use the N64 controller for other games as far as I know? Would be cool to use it in Mario Party too.

I think this led to a generation of people with blisters on the palm of their hands from rotating the stick.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Owen said:

Yeah, I don't think they changed the thumbstick at all for this new version either which is kind of terrifying!

The report from a guy who took it apart was that it's actually worse in that regard - it doesn't use optical sensors, the plastic is going to grind down and the parts they used instead are prone to being damaged by this because it still has the original flaws that caused the sticks to get loose and grind a lot.

I wanna pick up SMT 5 next week, but I'm worried I won't enjoy it as much since I'm so used to Persona (it's more dungeons/battles, less story/social from what I've heard). Maybe I'll wait for it to go on sale. 

• 2 weeks later...