Nintendo Megathread 2021

Can't go wrong with a good night of playing Mario Kart.

I generally say to shy away from Mario Party, there's not really a balanced game involved.

If she likes Gauntlet then maybe Smash Bros will help scratch that itch. Tough to find something truly akin to that off the top of my head.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2021 at 15:14, rocksta said:

just got a switch what are good games to play with my girlfriend

her favorite game of all time is gauntlet 

we played mario party it was fun

I'll play any games with you, babe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

I tried Breath of the Wild and I just don't like it. Its too hard...

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

Avoiding combat is recommended early on because you don't have much health. The more shrines you do and the more seeds you find, the more prepared you are for battles.

I can 100% agree with what Bob said, VP. I got BotW last year for Christmas and was feeling the same and feeling intimidated/weird about the big open world map. 

But I picked it back up about a month and a half ago and have been having so so so so much fun with it and loving a lot about it. Combat is very tough, large groups can overwhelm you and strong foes can 1 or 2 hit you so you have to fight smart and be prepared. Once you get the hang of it is such a good game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What you're looking at are;

• Crisper colours, black is actually full on black on the screen
  • The dock has a built in ethernet port so if you're docked, you can download/be connected at something other than wi-fi (and the dock will be/maybe is available separate anyways)
  • There's a better kickstand if you're going to play it undocked, but sitting up on the table - the one on the original Switch is pretty bad overall

I'm happy with mine, but I only really have it because I wanted to upgrade my partner's Switch Lite and she wanted my all red standard edition, so I ended up with the OLED. Without having them side by side you probably wouldn't know the difference in the first place though if you didn't know how things looked originally / with the OLED.

My youngest turned 5 and when my kids turn 5 they get their own 3DS. She is playing some garbage DS game but she is in love. 😍

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Colly said:

Did you get a new one? I considered trying to find one for my 6 year old so they both have one but they're a fortune over here now.

I bought a used one. I knew I was getting one last year so I kept my eyes out on Marketplace. I told my kids when they turn 5 they get their "own Nintendo". I snagged a nice purple 3DS for 175$ CAD. This is the smaller 3DS model.

I actually have three different models. My son has my old 3DS. This was the OG model, I believe. My oldest has the Zelda 2DS which was my hubby's 2DS. 

• Like 3