X-BOX Megathread 2021

Humankind is on the PC version of GamePass

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Excited to try 12 minutes. Is it hard?

Yeah, kinda. It's cool to experiment with for an hour or so... but after that it gets annoying that no progress is being made. Looking up the solutions? I never would have finished this game without it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Excited to try 12 minutes. Is it hard?

Oh Srar and everyone else playing this game. 

Kotaku stated that this was the worst ending of a video game ending of the year. And I was like.... that possibly cannot be true.

And ... well... I read it and that is the worst thing I have ever read. I think saying it is the worst video game ending of the year is generous and it sounds like the worst ending to a video game I have ever personally heard. 

I will just put a very blunt spoiler that will spoil the end of the game and will spoil the rest of the game, but I feel an obligation to do so. It is taken right from the Kotaku article (https://kotaku.com/twelve-minutes-might-have-the-worst-video-game-ending-o-1847540262). Full warning... I legit just spoil the ending of the game. 

Spoiler

Twelve Minutes has three major twists. First, that your wife killed her father. To learn this, you have to watch her get murdered from the closet. Second, that she failed to kill her father and it was actually you, the protagonist, who killed him. Oh, and you’re her brother. To learn this, you have to drug her and torture a man. And third, that all of this was part of your psychosexual mind palace and the only thing that really happened was the incest. That part was real. The rest has been a fantasy.

The ending is so stupid. It would have been perfectly fine if it ended...

Spoiler

After you find out that your wife isn't the killer and the cop takes the watch to sell. That would have been fine. Everything after that is.... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

44 minutes ago, Ruki Returns said:

The ending is so stupid. It would have been perfectly fine if it ended...

Hide contents

After you find out that your wife isn't the killer and the cop takes the watch to sell. That would have been fine. Everything after that is.... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

I was toying around with playing the game and I saw that terrible ending floating around and I was like "thank goodness I did not waste my time"

13 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

So it's not just a fun game with a bad ending? Like I am so tempted to read that but I had been looking forward to the game and I don't know what I'll regret more reading it and ruining a fun game or not reading it and feeling like I wasted my time

It's definitely interesting. I would say give it a try for 30-60 to see how you feel about it. Because before it got dumb, it was neat (not sure I would say fun)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

So it's not just a fun game with a bad ending? Like I am so tempted to read that but I had been looking forward to the game and I don't know what I'll regret more reading it and ruining a fun game or not reading it and feeling like I wasted my time

Knowing you, you are going to hate that ending so much. Sorry. I just read it. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, LL! said:

Knowing you, you are going to hate that ending so much. Sorry. I just read it. 

You were right! It took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to get my wife to give me dessert or whatever so I just read it and I hate it very much. Uninstalling the game now

• Like 1

Zone of the Enders is definitely a Kojima game, but it's as close to a Neon Genesis Evangelion game as I'll ever get probably. It's pretty fun too, for what it is. And it's "free", so there's that. It being the HD Collection is good too, since only The 2nd Runner is available on Playstation's marketplace, and I was very close to buying it multiple times when it was on sale the past few months.

Downloaded DOOM (2016) and that's pretty fun. Seems like the framerate definitely isn't 30fps, but it's also a lot smoother than 60.. but it's not optimized for Series S/X like Eternal is. And I don't think the S does the boost like the X does, right? Did this game get a 120fps upgrade and I just don't know about it? Either way, I play this game in bursts (one level, quit, do something else, come back to it) because the darkness > then everything is mostly red hurts my eyes.

Also picked Quantum Break back up, it was the last game I remember playing on my Xbox One a few years ago. Cutscenes are still fucking gorgeous. I really wish this would be a game that gets a 60fps boost. I got heavy, heavy Control vibes from this, and sure enough, there's Sam Lake, and it's made by Remedy. Fuck it - I hope Remedy one day just merges all of their games into one universe. We already got Alan Wake, throw Max Payne and Quantum Break into the sequel. Hell, out of all the games that they COULD do crossovers with, I'd think this game is ripe for that, since thematically it's very similar to Control.

Had this console for just about two months now, and I've still only actually bought two games for it. Game Pass is wild. Why Playstation doesn't include PS Now in a subscription with PS Plus is beyond me.

I still don't like that some OG Xbox/360 games are $10+. Silent Hill HD Collection is $20 or something on their store. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is $20, and it's on sale for 60% off! But, then again, at least you can buy/play older games in the Xbox ecosystem - can't even do that on the Playstation side.