X-BOX Megathread 2021

On 28/09/2021 at 13:56, Kaney said:

Lego Marvel Superheroes remains the undisputed superhero team up game.

Ultimate Alliance and some of those PS2 X-Men games will have words for this opinion, sir!

Also - Hawkeye and Kate Bishop, gameplay wise, are a let down because they’re way too similar and came after each other, but the stories are… interesting, I guess. Black Panther is fun as all hell, though. Spider-Man releases probably around December, since they’re doing more tie-ins with the MCU now. And supposedly the next character after him is She-Hulk, according to data mines. She’s had the most continuous work on her model and story, and after her it seems to be Bucky Barnes or War Machine.

47 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

I swear every time I go to download something new that looks interesting on Game Pass I see the word "roguelike" and alarm bells go off in my head saying "THIS IS A THING YOU WILL NOT LIKE" and I'm honestly not sure I've ever played one or even know what they are. Knowing me as a lot of you do should I even bother trying one and if so what's a good one on game pass?

Hades. It's great. It's not my favorite rogue like but a very approachable game. Story and music is ace! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I already have that! :w00t: Like I said I guess I didn't know what they were :lol: 

Try Dead Cells. I believe they just added an update with some difficulty settings. It is a really approachable rogue like. 

All good rogue like require you to play the game pretty extensively before you get very good at it and it requires lots of patience. With Hades, the music, sound and story is so good, you can kind of ignore that the game is dead ass really hard and does not really explain much to you. 

I got Spelunky on the Switch and I am chipping away at it. In my opinion, the best rogue likes tell you zero about how the game works, you learn it through trial and error. In Spelunky, for example, you first run you may see a pot. You can break the pot by hitting it with your whip or picking it up and throwing it. If you hit it with your whip, it is obviously quicker and there may be gold in it. However, there is sometimes an enemy who will instantly do damage to you. If you pick it up and throw it, the gold goes further away, but the risk of an enemy instantly hitting you does not exist. The game never explains this to you. You just learn it through trial and error. But Spelunky does this to the extreme. 

For Dead Cells, it is pretty straightforward and all that really changes is the bad guys in the world and the weapons you pick up. But it is pretty forgiving because if you pick up a weapon or item and you dislike the impacts it has on you, you just swap back. If you go through a world and dislike the enemies, you just avoid that path in the future. 

Unsighted looks pretty fun, too. I'm pleasantly surprised about Scarlet Nexus, since I was super close to buying it for the PS5 about a week ago but held off. Now, it's on Game Pass. I'm gonna try out Astria Ascending as well, since I really enjoyed the brief time I've spent with CrisTales and I assume it's similar to that. I heard AI: The Somnium Files is basically a visual novel and I'm down with that. The only other "visual novel" I've ever tried out was Steins;Gate on the Switch and that was very enjoyable so this might be fun if it's indeed the same type of game.

GamePass continues to be a really good value for the money. Unexpected sudden drops like Scarlet Nexus is such good shit, pal.

Seems to be a standard offer as it looks like you can get it thrown it direct from MS themselves. I'm hoping this leads to a secondary market where people are selling their codes off cheap. I'm not fussed about getting the game full price but if I could get a code for like £20? I'm more interested at that point.

The Microsoft Store is a good bet because you can use your Xbox credit to buy consoles and accessories. That's something you can't do with Nintendo or Sony at the moment. It means that you can buy vouchers below the face value and potentially make a good saving on a console.

I've found it relatively straight forward to build up a few quid using Microsoft Rewards tbh. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw this so messaged him. He has the tick and all, he said everything goes through PayPal then through the official site. No idea if it’s legit or not. He needs name, shipping address and Microsoft email address.

Then said “3 reasons why Man Utd > Arsenal”. :wacko: