Dusty Hill has passed away.

OctoberRaven

That's sad to read. ZZ Top are a band that seem to have wide appeal across a range of rock and blues fanbases, so this will upset a lot of people. I saw them in 2009 at a festival and they put on a good show, although I'm aware that there might have been some lip syncing involved.

It's also a shame because ZZ Top are one of very few decades-old bands to have kept the same lineup since their first album release.

Fucking shitty news. I adore ZZ Top and was hoping I'd get to see them one last time. They were my first ever concert and they were so god damn good. Dusty Hill was a wonderful bass player, and seemed like a cool dude from the documentaries I've seen. 

RIP Dusty Hill

• Like 2

Gutted to hear this news. I love ZZ Top, and it's a regret of mine that they're one of the few legendary bands I could have seen live that I haven't. I'll be cranking ZZ all week now.

I don't play an instrument, but if I did it would be the bass guitar. I love what a great bassist can do for a song, album and band. Dusty is one of those I admire deeply.

:(

Also, it's funny to me to see people talking about ZZ Top concerts being good. My mom saw them in the 80s and said they were one of the worst shows she's seen, but I think all 3 of them were pretty off their tits at the time. Always was a live show I wanted to see for myself though.