2021-2022 NBA season

Pooker

That's the dumbest stat I've seen yet about Mitchell and Gobert. Gobert gets must of his buckets from put back dunks and pick and rolls. Mitchell rarely ever runs the pick and roll when he's the primary ball handler because he's looking to score, not pass. Ingles and Conley run the pick and roll a ton because they're looking at pass, not score.

I do think that we should get Gobert involved more in the offense, but Mitchell passing the ball to Rudy only twice a game is the least of our problems. Not blowing double digit leads 15 times this season is a major problem.

Mitchell and Gobert work well together. We have the number one offense because Gobert is so good at defense. We just need to refocus our roster on adding more defensive minded players this off season and we will be fine.

25 minutes ago, Pooker said:

That's the dumbest stat I've seen yet about Mitchell and Gobert. Gobert gets must of his buckets from put back dunks and pick and rolls. Mitchell rarely ever runs the pick and roll when he's the primary ball handler and actually looks to pass, usually he's looking to score. Ingles and Conley run the pick and roll a ton because they're looking at pass, not score.

I do think that we should get Gobert involved more in the offense, but Mitchell passing the ball to Rudy only twice a game is the least of our problems. Not blowing double digit leads 15 times this season is a major problem.

Mitchell and Gobert work well together. We have the number one offense because Gobert is so good at defense. We just need to refocus our roster on adding more defensive minded players this off season and we will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we'll get 3 lower seeds advancing - Nuggets, Raptors, and Jazz. Nets/Celtics is an extremely tough series to pick but I have a hunch Boston escapes.

Mavs were poised to be the real trendy "if Phoenix gets a bad injury or gets stunned" Finals pick and then they proceeded to let Luka play game 82 and he got hurt.

Phoenix's title to lose. Could see a rematch of last year but could also see any of Miami, Boston, Philadelphia, Toronto, or Brooklyn making the Finals and even winning. Wide open East.

I've been saying it since the Harden trade happened and all the Philly fans got crazy with excitement: 76ers aren't winning a thing. Doc Rivers is the most overrated coach in the history of the NBA, and will yet again be outdone by a better coach in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Nick Nurse is going to coach circles around Doc. He always does. No Thybulle in Toronto is killer. Harden also appears to not have taken great care of his body and age might be rapidly hitting him. Sixers totally needed to make that trade (especially since Simmons is allegedly still a toxic presence in Brooklyn) though, and you do it every time.

Great win for the Wolves in Memphis tonight, wasn't expecting any road wins in the series (and I'm still not expecting us to win the series). I do expect us to become a hated team pretty quickly as we seem perfectly happy to beat the crap out of opposing teams.

I'm expecting a Suns/Bucks finals again, anyone but the Nets is what really matters to me because of Kyrie. I'm aware there's other anti-vax players, but the publicity he's got for it is horrifying.

• Like 1

And there was another animal rights activist who delayed the game in Memphis. How the hell she snuck in chains hasn't been figured out yet, but I suspect she had to have inside help. Either that, or the stadium's security is outright garbage.

16 hours ago, damhausen said:

Nick Nurse is going to coach circles around Doc. He always does. No Thybulle in Toronto is killer. Harden also appears to not have taken great care of his body and age might be rapidly hitting him. Sixers totally needed to make that trade (especially since Simmons is allegedly still a toxic presence in Brooklyn) though, and you do it every time.

Oh I think the trade was an amazing steal for the 76ers, getting Harden and giving up no real important player. I think with a proper head coach the 76ers would win the NBA this season, but you know, Doc Rivers.

28 minutes ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

I really think the Warriors are going to win it this year.

I definitely think they come out of the West. Still have faith in the Bucks but they are always such a problem to watch during the playoffs. They win so ugly so many times. 

1 hour ago, damhausen said:

Devin Booker is out indefinitely. Hope you all got your bets placed on Dallas to win the West while the getting was good there. Luka is probably coming back sooner than any of us initially thought.

Just in time to lose in the 1st round again. Exciting!

4 minutes ago, livid said:

I definitely think they come out of the West. Still have faith in the Bucks but they are always such a problem to watch during the playoffs. They win so ugly so many times. 

Just in time to lose in the 1st round again. Exciting!

Yeaaa the Bucks are the defending champs, forgot about them. I agree.

Absolutely insane game winner by Embiid last night.

If my Jazz want any chance at winning this series, we need to come out on fire tonight and not let Dallas into the game at all.