NFL 2021

Lineker

32 minutes ago, damshow said:

His blocking was horrendous but I do agree with people who say it wasn't really a dumb attempt by either party. Maybe the Jags get a Taysom Hill out of the deal and maybe he can make an NFL roster as a gadget TE.

I agree. I think cutting him now was more of Urban Meyer trying to save face and really just reacting emotionally. I'm not a huge Tebow fan, but he's worth more than one preseason game to adjust at a new position. 

I was happy with the Dolphins starting defense on Saturday....especially as that was without a number of starters (including Ogbah and Howard). 

Offensive line continues to need time to grow and develop but Tua looked better and Gesicki is definitely gonna get even more of the ball this season.

5 hours ago, damshow said:

His blocking was horrendous but I do agree with people who say it wasn't really a dumb attempt by either party. Maybe the Jags get a Taysom Hill out of the deal and maybe he can make an NFL roster as a gadget TE.

5 hours ago, LL! said:

I agree. I think cutting him now was more of Urban Meyer trying to save face and really just reacting emotionally. I'm not a huge Tebow fan, but he's worth more than one preseason game to adjust at a new position. 

After his pathetic blocking, I'm not really surprised he was cut. But I figured they'd give him another game before dropping the axe. No way he was ever going to make the regular season roster.

• Admin

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Normally jovial Detroit Lions head coach Dan Campbell opened Tuesday's news conference with empathy to deliver breaking news: the team was releasing veteran long snapper Don Muhlbach on Wednesday.

The move signifies the end of an era in Motown, as Muhlbach ranks second in franchise history with 17 seasons played.

The two-time Pro Bowler also celebrates his 40th birthday on Tuesday, the same date that NFL teams were forced to cut their rosters from 90 to 85 players.

https://www.espn.co.uk/nfl/story/_/id/32040975/detroit-lions-release-long-snapper-don-muhlbach-17-seasons

• Sad 2

Almost certainly going to be Red Wolves, which is fine enough.  None of those are particularly great options, and Defenders is just stealing from XFL.

Commanders, Presidents and Defenders all suck. And you're just begging to get razzed if you go with Defenders and don't consistently have a great defense.

They should go with Redwolves or Brigade from that list.

Edited by GhostMachine

13 hours ago, Maxx said:

Almost certainly going to be Red Wolves, which is fine enough.  None of those are particularly great options, and Defenders is just stealing from XFL.

Yeah they put out a video of fans being shown the different name choices and Redwolves got by far the best reaction of them all, with everyone immediately making wolf howls.

I'd imagine of the three finalists it's only Redwolves and Football Team being seriously considered.

Glad to see the fans are in midseason form

• Haha 4