NFL 2021

Lineker

27 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

Titans sign Adrian Peterson.  Everyone who already put in waiver claims on McNichols now confused on what to do next.

I feel like it certainly won't be "GOTTA have AP." I can see the Titans trying to make a last second trade that is haphazardly put together as they try to save their season. 

5 hours ago, LL! said:

I feel like it certainly won't be "GOTTA have AP." I can see the Titans trying to make a last second trade that is haphazardly put together as they try to save their season. 

I saw a suggestion we should try and trade them Montgomery just because our rookie Herbert has done good for a few weeks. Seems short sighted to me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

The story of this game isn’t even “the Giants hung in there against a heavily favored team”.  If I’m a Chiefs fan I’m mashing the panic button after this showing.

I think it's a mix of a truly horrid defense and a lack of confidence that Mahomes may be feeling. 

Joe Judge is so bad.  Spent all offseason making guys run penalty laps for mistakes and talking up how they're not going to beat themselves, only for the team to be horribly undisciplined week after week.  Giants marching toward a potential game-winning field goal only for Eli Penny to get a 15 yard taunting penalty.  Mahomes getting picked off only for it to be called off due to an offsides flag, offsides also being what cost them the Washington game.

And the clock management...christ.  Peyton was practically begging for him to call a timeout ahead of the two minute warning only for the cameras to pan to Judge just smugly watching 40 seconds burn off the clock.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

We're firmly in the "who will be the next coach of the Giants?" territory now.

It's so weird.  Basically two decades of only two coaches (Fassel and Coughlin) and now on the verge of a fifth coach since 2016.  The lack of stability definitely bothers John Mara, and after talking Judge up so much last year I worry that he's going to be unwilling to admit that he made another hiring mistake.

I do think they'll allow Gettleman to "retire" and hire a new GM this offseason.  And Mara will publicly state that the coach is the GM's call.  But deep down he'll want to keep Judge and therefore will have a selective bias in interviews, any candidate who presents a plan for the future that includes Judge will be viewed more favorably.  So I bet the GM winds up being someone else with Pats ties, because that's worked so where everyplace else.

Giants might clean house after week 15 if they do it. The new interview rules would let them meet with all the candidates on playoff teams before the playoffs start. But if they're looking for a new GM that complicates matters.

I think I've mentioned it before but this a deep draft class albeit not a good QB class. No reason to cut bait on Daniel Jones, but having him play under a 3rd coach feels permanently destructive. Maybe they hire a new GM under the pretense of letting them run the draft and giving Judge/Jones another year to prove it. But it's New York and the media is absolutely destroying the Giants right now, and I know it's gotta be hard for Mara to deal with the criticism and anger from fans.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

We're firmly in the "who will be the next coach of the Giants?" territory now.

Jason Garrett, just take the play calling duties away from him, and it'll be perfect.  The Giants players will be super hyped up by all the clapping and culture.

Odell Beckham Sr went after Baker on social media for not throwing to OBJ when he was wide open on multiple occasions. Now, ignoring that Mayfield is perfectly average as a QB, it's definitely the fault of both for not developing a level of trust.

Anyway, another famous Ohioan has weighed in.

Just now, Maxx said:

99% chance that if OBJ ends up on another team he gets hurt immediately.

I was gonna say since we live in hell he gets cut after the season (I think there's little money he's still owed) and the Bucs sign him. He has 1400 rec yds and 16 TDs with Touchdown Tom throwing him the ball.

• Haha 1