NFL 2021

Lineker

Honestly, if what he's looking for is to be the top dog, the 2021 Saints would be the way to go. Things will get interesting for the 2022 season when Michael Thomas is ready to come back, but for 2021 he'd get elevated to WR1 immediately. I, selfishly, would love if he did just to see the media circus created by both OBJ and Michael Thomas. 

I'm not convinced he's capable of being a WR1 anywhere, but in New Orleans its certainly going to be in name only.  If he wants to show off his skills for the rest of the season, playing with Trevor Siemian isn't the way to do that.

49 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I'm not convinced he's capable of being a WR1 anywhere, but in New Orleans its certainly going to be in name only.  If he wants to show off his skills for the rest of the season, playing with Trevor Siemian isn't the way to do that.

I think you're right, but in GB he's going to be second fiddle to Davante Adams and for the Chiefs he's going to be third fiddle to Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. He'll have a better chance at winning in both of those teams this year, but he certainly won't be the featured receiver he wants to be. 

Which in the end really boils down to, what does Odell really want? He can't have it both ways (WR1 and championship) cause he's not WR1 capable anymore so a good team isn't going to slot him there. 

It's a 3 WR set league. Nothing really seemed to say he was upset not being WR1 in Cleveland and if his dad didn't blow it all up online he probably would've been fine staying there. Getting a ring with a good QB and leveraging that into a new contract somewhere seems his overall goal, so GB would be the best fit for him.

I don't remember where I read it, but I know for sure I saw he was angling for being a WR1 somewhere. I'm sure he would be fine with going somewhere he can win a championship and that's it, but uhh the Saints?

What if none of those teams are interested, though?

But...why the Chiefs? They're not really major contenders at the moment, at 5-4. And as has already been said, Mahomes already has two guys who would receive more tosses their way than him. 

Stan Kroenke apparently offered the City of St. Louis $100 million to settle their ongoing relocation lawsuit, and the city rejected it.

And now the talk is that if the NFL gets its wish to ultimately expand to 36 teams, St. Louis would definitely get a team again with London, Toronto, and San Antonio being the other cities at the top of the league's wishlist.

Certainly hope the league doesn't expand.  There aren't even 32 starter-worthy QBs in the league nevermind the talent at all the other positions being spread thin too.  It would be like adding four XFL teams to the league.

• Haha 3

How would they even balance conferences and divisions with 36 teams? They have the perfect set up right now. This ignores the talent drop-off that will happen across the league, you'll just statistically have more bad teams and less good ones. 

Also it's cute they still think they can make a permanent team in London work. And I don't know if Toronto is going to build a proper NFL stadium since they're likely tearing down/converting Rogers Centre into a baseball-only stadium. At least San Antonio and St Louis will bankrupt their treasuries to give the league the money it wants.

40 minutes ago, damshow said:

How would they even balance conferences and divisions with 36 teams? They have the perfect set up right now. This ignores the talent drop-off that will happen across the league, you'll just statistically have more bad teams and less good ones. 

Also it's cute they still think they can make a permanent team in London work. And I don't know if Toronto is going to build a proper NFL stadium since they're likely tearing down/converting Rogers Centre into a baseball-only stadium. At least San Antonio and St Louis will bankrupt their treasuries to give the league the money it wants.

I'd guess they'd go back to three divisions per conference with the East, Central, and West.  Just a hypothetical:

NFC East:  NFC East + Panthers and the Toronto expansion team
NFC Central:  NFC North + Saints and Falcons
NFC West:  NFC West + Bucs and the St. Louis expansion team
AFC East:  AFC East + Jags and the London expansion team
AFC Central:  AFC North + Colts and Titans
AFC West:  AFC West + Texans and the San Antonio expansion team

The expansion teams would probably need to be two per conference and in different divisions.  Six divisions stay fully intact with only the South being broken up.  Interchangeable on where they go but I guess just pick the two South rivalries you most want to keep.

In this scenario the Bucs have to go out west no fewer than four times a year, but I guess caring about geography would be moot if they're putting a London team in the league.  Imagine the years where London would have to play the West divisions?  Logistical headache.

I assume, rivalries be damned, the Saints play in the west and Bucs in the South. Beyond that it probably makes a good bit of sense geographically. AFC North is rivalry city, every one of those teams basically has bad blood.

I suppose scheduling would have 10 divisional games? Plus maybe 4 from your own conference on a rotating basis and one from each of the opposing conferences on a rotating basis? Gone will be a "last place team" schedule? This way you face every team in your conference every 3 years and every team in the other every 6? Seems silly no matter what. 

The Rams are fucking loading up.

If anybody can Beckham look good again,  its Matt Stafford. I mean Brady also, but look at how Tate, Marvin Jones, and now Kupp have flourished (and yes all three were good before Stafford, but all have had career years after hooking up with Matt).