NFL 2021

Lineker

Did my draft.  10th year in the league.  Won the league twice and made the finals six times including the last four years in a row.  Picked 8th.  I was pretty much all in with the idea of taking Kelce in the 1st round due to the value he brings at TE but the first 7 picks were all RBs.  Knowing 9 and 10 would take at least 1 RB each I decided to take Jonathan Taylor, figuring I'd take whoever was left of Kelce/Adams/Hill in the 2nd.  Kelce was there so I nabbed him.

It's actually a league with no flex...3 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE.  But Kelce allowed me to stock up elsewhere and take some dice rolls at WR3.  Counting on OBJ to be a #1 WR a couple years ago?  Disastrous.  Plugging him into a WR3?  Sure why not.  Best case scenario he becomes an explosive playmaker again.  Worst case scenario I replace him with any other WR3 who will still produce more than most TEs.

Like last year we had 2 IR spots instead of 1 due to COVID, so I grabbed Michael Thomas late as an IR stash for one of the spots.  Potential high reward later in the year.

Yahoo gave me an A- grade, only downside is the only other guy to get an A- was the commish and reigning league champion who has beaten me three of the last four years.  He got Kamara again and then took Mahomes and Kittle with his next two.  Barring injury I'm sure we'll both make it to the semifinals comfortably but you never know.

I mean this is the first year he has had it, so a fair assumption to make it effects him more than years past.

I saw one take from a reporter saying that whomever comes in will likely expecting to contribute to special teams as well. Not sure what Bell would be like there, but not sure Freeman would be a good fit in that case.

2 hours ago, DFF said:

I saw one take from a reporter saying that whomever comes in will likely expecting to contribute to special teams as well. Not sure what Bell would be like there, but not sure Freeman would be a good fit in that case.

This is a possibility. Hill (and Fort) were special reamers and both are out for the season now. Depending who else on the roster is set to replace them will play into that decision. Veterans usually don't play on special teams either unless they've made it a big part of their career, Bell and Freeman have both not done that.

7 hours ago, damshow said:

This is a possibility. Hill (and Fort) were special reamers and both are out for the season now

I beg your pardon.