My New Short Film

Jimmy

Hey guys, 

Little old me again. 

I'm making a new short film! It's been a little while since we made V, which thankfully opened some industry doors for me. I'm actually developing my first feature film off the back of that project and we're making some exciting progress with that. If all the stars align, I'll get to live the dream and make a proper film to play in cinemas within the next few years. 

Until then, I'm trying to make this personal film that I've written myself for the first time. It's based on my mum's experiences of divorce. It's a really quiet film I'm desperate to make because firstly, it's a story I'm really passionate about telling and secondly, I really wanna shoot something again before making the big step up to a feature. 

I'm making the film with Slick Films, who won an Oscar a few years ago with their short film The Silent Child. They're really cool people to work with. Sadly our funding for the film fell through, so we're once again trying to fundraise the project. We've also cast recently BAFTA-nominated Helen Behan (The Virtues, This Is England) as the lead, so I'm really excited to work with her. 

We're doing a soft launch of the fundraiser, sharing it with friends and family in hope of getting some money in the pot to encourage bigger industry investors. I absolutely hate asking for money, and was hoping that I wouldn't have to do it again, but the impact of the pandemic has meant there's less film funding available. That said, I also realise we're all still feeling the financial effects of the pandemic, which makes me feel even worse about making a post like this. I know how tight money is, I've suffered through this too, so please don't feel any pressure just because I can turn on the puppy dog eyes. 

That said, I've always been incredibly thankful and appreciative of the support everyone on here has shown our past films, so I thought I'd post in here incase it was of any interest to anyone here. It's a film I'm really passionate about and I'd be unbelievably grateful if any one in here was interested in dropping us a donation, no matter how small. For anyone whose somehow missed me banging on about a filmmaker, you can check out my work here just incase you're worried I'm a scam - www.jimmydeanfilm.co.uk 

Either way, excited to share the film with you all when we hopefully get it made, thanks again for being legends in supporting us thus far. 

link: https://greenlit.com/project/suzie

Love you all x 

• Like 11

Gave £30..or rather...

pulls out the abacus

$41.68!  That 68 cents better to put to good use!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lint said:

Gave £30..or rather...

pulls out the abacus

$41.68!  That 68 cents better to put to good use!

Thank you so much!!!

That's so kind of of you, I really appreciate it. 

You'll be able to see where that 68 cents goes, don't you worry!! 

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

Thank you so much!!!

That's so kind of of you, I really appreciate it. 

You'll be able to see where that 68 cents goes, don't you worry!! 

I've watched the shorts you've shared here on EWB and I've genuinely enjoyed them.  There was one with a girl dealing with her brother getting out of prison I believe, and one that was about a vampire but seemed vaguely about sexual assault? 

I liked those, and not because I "know" you from here.  They were good.  I liked them.  I support things I like

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lint said:

I've watched the shorts you've shared here on EWB and I've genuinely enjoyed them.  There was one with a girl dealing with her brother getting out of prison I believe, and one that was about a vampire but seemed vaguely about sexual assault? 

I liked those, and not because I "know" you from here.  They were good.  I liked them.  I support things I like

🥰🥰🥰

5 minutes ago, Lint said:

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

🥰🥰🥰

If you have them, can I get the link to those again?  If I have to pay, then I'll pay, but I'd like to watch those again but can't find where you shared them

I pledged to this a few days ago. Jimmy is super talented, and one of the things i love about his work is that he uses his position and privilege to tell important stories, and give a leg up to other people, and i'd love to see him able to do more of that. I'm always really happy to help him, and i can't wait to see him at the oscars or some shit and tell everyone that i was in a music video he directed in the shithole local pub everyone used to drink in near me because it stayed open the latest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K said:

I pledged to this a few days ago. Jimmy is super talented, and one of the things i love about his work is that he uses his position and privilege to tell important stories, and give a leg up to other people, and i'd love to see him able to do more of that. I'm always really happy to help him, and i can't wait to see him at the oscars or some shit and tell everyone that i was in a music video he directed in the shithole local pub everyone used to drink in near me because it stayed open the latest.

❤️ you're too kind

We launch publicly on Monday & having some money in the bank thanks to some very kind donations will put us in an even better position. Thanks so much to everyone whose donated so far. We'd really appreciate anyone able to share the kickstarter on their socials from Monday evening!

19 hours ago, ADG said:

Get paid tomorrow, remind me then. :) 

I reminded myself. Sorry I can't give you more, if there's any one of us who is destined to do great things in their field it's you Jimmy. Go smash it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ADG said:

I reminded myself. Sorry I can't give you more, if there's any one of us who is destined to do great things in their field it's you Jimmy. Go smash it.

Thank you so much!!! ❤️ 

On 22/08/2021 at 15:03, CLDY said:

Is there a specific tweet or anything like that you'd want us to share around?

Yeah we just went live, so this tweet would be great, thank you so much!

4 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

How much do I need to donate to get Kriss Sprules on board as part of your creative team?

Also, I will bung what I can your way hopefully this week or next Monday at the latest.

DM me. 

Luv u, thank you so so much!! 

On 23/08/2021 at 14:17, Jimmy said:

Thank you so much!!! ❤️ 

Yeah we just went live, so this tweet would be great, thank you so much!

DM me. 

Luv u, thank you so so much!! 

I hate Twitter...is there something I can share on Facebook?  Yes I know Facebook is equally shit...

• Like 1