WWE 2K23

FLiam

Going online with these WWE games is a fucking nightmare since most people use 100 OVR CAWs instead of balanced ones, or actual characters in the game.

I have an AEW Universe save that I haven't even started playing yet, I'm just adding CAWs to it as I find them. I've got a good chunk of the roster already. My other Universe save is a generic indie that runs in a high school gym, using most of the released WWE talent from last year, some original CAWs I found, a few joshi, some smaller AEW names, and legends like the Outsiders, Booker T, etc. It's pretty fun, actually.

• Like 1

Holy shit, just stumbled across a fix for an apparently-unrelated problem with my network settings and suddenly I'm able to access WWE Live and My MyFaction for the first time.

(It was changing the MTU from automatic to 1473, for whatever reason)

But hooray, now I have another mode in this game to get annoyed by!

• Like 1

MyFaction is actually pretty fun. The balance between random challenges/matches and "but you have to collect cards" is good so far. I came in expecting some quasi-FIFA bullshit.

On 31/03/2022 at 16:10, stokeriño said:

Didn't find the Rey stuff too interesting, but it was easy enough (just a couple of the 'dive to the outside' type objectives were tricky because I think the way the pause menu explained how to do them may have been wrong!). The match footage is nice and it continually intrigued me as to what got blurred and what didn't. But generally, it's standard showcase fare I suppose.

Honestly the thing that bugged me most about it was Rey's kayfabe commentary. 😅

This... I spent a lot of time during the rey mode wondering why 5 fans are blurred but the others arent... logos, etc. Was a bit distracting. 

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I take it back. I hate myfaction. The amount of reversals is fucking obnoxious

I find some are very like this and some very much aren't. I have gained an irrational fear of The Brian Kendrick but am happy to take on Roman/Cena/etc.

10 hours ago, tristy said:

I don't suppose you guys have adjusted the sliders yet? I think before I did, the AI reversal rate was something insane like 80/100 or something like that.

Alas, there is a note at the bottom of the sliders screen which says "No Balancing options are adjustable for MyFaction".

oh hey, this is on sale on Steam for $44.99 until April 22nd. Or you can get the nWo edition for $89.99 (down from $120).

My latest myGM run I’ve hired only Local talent (custom roster) and had a ball in my 15 week test.

Started with 32 on my roster as they’re cheap af. Ended with Scott Hall and Chyna as my Champions.

I prefer local of downloaded because of the worker’s images and they look somewhat legit. It’s like it was my own NXT3.0

F7-F5-DE44-3899-4191-B400-FAB78-A2-ED269

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

Is mygm a new mode? I never noticed it before but I really love it. Must be the old EWR player in me but it just brings back good memories

It's new this year, although it seems to be very similar to the GM Mode that used to be in the games in the mid-to-late 2000s.

On 08/04/2022 at 11:06, Your Mom said:

I grabbed it but it says it's limited so hurry if you can

I'm gonna guess this doesn't work anymore, huh? I haven't tried, but seeing as how this was posted Friday, and it's Monday morning now... damnit. I need higher rated cards.

EDIT: I'm shocked, the code still works!

Edited by tristy
  • Like 2