WWE 2K23

FLiam

accidentally murdered in a dude in a Last Man Standing match at the Performance Center;

That wasn't the finish, but probably should have been considering the move to actually keep him down for the ten count, a moment later, was this:

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Still haven't done much in the way of CAW downloading.  I've got all of Defract's (Cody, Kenny, The Bucks, Cole, Okada) plus really good Brodie, Bryan, and Mox from Iconic.  I'm sorta holding out a little longer on downloading more because I feel like as soon as I download someone, one of the top level creators will make a better one and then I have to delete the original, clear out all the unneeded parts etc.

So for now I'm just doing fun exhibition matches and I started up the women's MyRise.

Yeah I went through some more of the women's MyRise. I still don't like how stuff only happens through social media, but whatever. William Regal making FOUR fatal four way matches, where the winners of each face each other... in a fatal four way match, to determine the #1 contender for Rhea's NXT title is certainly a choice. Weird that NXT held a Takeover event a week before WrestleMania too.

But anyway I beat Rhea, turning heel before that, and now I've entered into an alliance with Scarlett & Kross. People want to complain about tag matches, but holy shit do mixed tag matches suck even more. The women can attack the men, but the men can only... yell in confusion at the referee to break up a count? What? Scarlett is somehow booking mixed tag matches to get us warmed up for the eventual match against Johnny & Candice (which is only going to be for the NXT men's title??) and these matches last like 30 minutes. It's insane.

51 minutes ago, tristy said:

People want to complain about tag matches, but holy shit do mixed tag matches suck even more. The women can attack the men, but the men can only... yell in confusion at the referee to break up a count? What? Scarlett is somehow booking mixed tag matches to get us warmed up for the eventual match against Johnny & Candice (which is only going to be for the NXT men's title??) and these matches last like 30 minutes. It's insane.

I've lost so many mixed tag matches by DQ. I (playing as a guy) try to pin the other guy. Both women run in. The pinfall is broken up. I flick the R3 stick to pick my opponent up off the mat, without realising it has suddenly auto-targeted me onto the woman. Having only used R3, it just repositions her in some way. But still, instant DQ.

As for the matches going 30 minutes, getting their torso red and then using the all-purpose submission hold (R2+O) is your best bet, I think.

3 hours ago, tristy said:

People want to complain about tag matches, but holy shit do mixed tag matches suck even more. The women can attack the men, but the men can only... yell in confusion at the referee to break up a count? What? Scarlett is somehow booking mixed tag matches to get us warmed up for the eventual match against Johnny & Candice (which is only going to be for the NXT men's title??) and these matches last like 30 minutes. It's insane.

Tag matches in general just suck in this game because you basically HAVE to knock the other person off the apron, your partner is useless in intercepting them.  It really makes tag matches clunky and virtually unwatchable if you're someone who likes to watch sims.  Really liked the feature they had way back where you could press a button to call your partner in to attack the other person as you were going for a pin.

Then in a mixed tag you have to do the same thing but you have to use the woman because knocking a woman off the apron as a man is a DQ.  It's incredibly restrictive.  If you actually needed to get a pin as the man (as I did in a male MyRise story) I beat the shit out of the guy in the ring until I had a finisher saved, pressed the button to switch to my partner and attacked the other woman outside.  As soon as I saw my guy hit his finisher I pressed the center button again to switch back and take credit for the pin...because letting the CPU get the pin sometimes means you fail the objective anyway.

Honestly any tag match that doesn't require me to win by pin or submission I just throw them outside the ring, whip them up the ramp and run back in the ring as the ref counts to 9.  It's less of a headache.

• Like 1

I've been sticking to the submission wins when I can, but you can also hit the SELECT button on your controller (it'll always be that button to me, I can't be assed to learn what each controller calls it now) to control your partner and try and intercept in the situations that allow it. The only thing that sucks is trying to figure out how to time it so the referee doesn't stop you from coming in, etc.

I just realized we're 8 days away from the first DLC pack as well that adds;

• Yokozuna
  • Umaga
  • Rikishi
  • Omos
  • Kacy Catanzaro... or err... Katana Chance?

"You failed the following objective: Let your opponent get some offence in so that the story can advance."

Listen, game, if you're going to keep this sort of thing hidden, don't come crying to me when I'm doing too well.

My son is interested in this game but I have questions 

• How many wrestlers do I have to unlock by playing the game. My son sucks at games but loves the exhibition mode. I really do not want to feel obligated to grind other modes to unlock the characters. We have 2k15 but he only knows CM Punk and Danielson and I can't download any CAWs.
  • Do I have to play anything to unlock anything re the exhibition modes? All matches are unlocked immediately I assume?
  • How many downloadable characters can I have at once?

By my count, there are 41 superstars that need to be 'purchased' with whatever-those-points-are-called. They are mainly legends, with I guess the exception of 'Demon' Finn Balor. You will slowly accrue these points even if you just play random matches, I think.

There are a bunch of Rey Mysterio variants that you unlock through the Showcase (1996 Rey etc.), but you still have current Rey anyway. I can't remember if both the Eddie Guerrero variants need unlocking or just one.

I'm pretty sure all match types are there from the start. The main random things that get unlocked via other modes seem to be arenas and clothing parts.

No idea about download limits.

It does take forever and a day to unlock enough points to download wrestlers, particularly since a 5-star match seems to cap at 225 points earned and it costs 1,000 to unlock a wrestler.  Thank goodness I set up that 8-man clusterfuck custom match, I have fun with them, they go pretty fast and it's a guaranteed 5 stars every time due to the amount of stuff going on.

There is an instant unlock feature if you buy the DLC season pass I believe.  I haven't done it yet, not entirely sure I want to spend that kind of money on DLC.  Much as I have fun with the game now, I don't know if I'll still care about the game by the time the last DLC is out.  So I'm simply unlocking legends as I need them for specific CAWs.

Personally, the 100 CAW limit has always been plenty for me but that's mostly because I haven't cared about tying up spots with alternate attires.  I just accept that wrestling game attires/appearances will always be out of date and that's just how it goes.  100 CAW spots gets me basically everyone I could reasonably see myself playing as a lot from AEW, NJPW etc.

Personally, I don't care about alternate attires either and plenty of caws come with more than one attire anyway but i would be bored to death from seeing the same people over and over again. I only got back to WWE2K, the PC version, because I found mods that allow me to have about 500 slots and among other things, also allow me to replace the extra 5 Rey Mysterio slots I don't need with people I don't have yet.

Plenty of people have complained about the 100 CAW limit though. Not just me. :P

8 hours ago, CM Busch said:

There is an instant unlock feature if you buy the DLC season pass I believe.

There is a $4.99 option if someone wants to only unlock all arenas, wrestlers and titles. But yeah you also do get it if you buy the season pass.

8 hours ago, CM Busch said:

It does take forever and a day to unlock enough points to download wrestlers, particularly since a 5-star match seems to cap at 225 points earned and it costs 1,000 to unlock a wrestler. 

I've definitely had singles matches that were five stars and it was more than 225 VC that I earned. Shit, I've gotten more than that by LOSING a five star match.

Knife-edged chops in the corner may as well be a fucking cheat code. Can get your opponent stunned and turn their torso red in seconds, leaving them vulnerable to any average submission. Brutal.

Just bought the game. Don't remember the last time I owned a WWE. I think it was 2012? It's been a while.

I know some of you guys have mentioned who the best CAW creators are, but don't want to look back through the thread to find them. Would any of you be so kind to post them again? Please?

Also, any tips for somebody that hasn't played a WWE game in forever?