WWE 2K23

FLiam

5 minutes ago, A Businessman said:

Is this before or after your opponent's manager is upset that their client lost, completely ignoring that they suffered fatal injuries to make them lose?

It also may or may not be after you "messed the place up" because a referee tripped on and broke a table for no reason so they request that you pay the venue yourself for the damages caused.

Or the time that you got a sponsorship deal so instead of doing the serious conversation at the Memorial show for a wrestler who just passed, you get $10,000 dollars to come out to the ring and talk about how cool this steel chair is and how you at home can also get one for four easy payments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 25/08/2021 at 12:15, Baddar said:

It comes to something when it genuinely feels like more effort is put in to their roster reveals than the game itself.

They barely even did that anymore.  The last roster reveal was just people from WWE games talking with a few wrestlers, showing a couple of videos of people who were obviously going to be in the game, and then just putting the rest of the names on the screen.

Not that I’ve watched them, but are the roster reveals even that interesting if you aren’t a total nerd loser (i.e. most of you guys)? 

Because they’re obviously not going to put out a game with any of the main players or guys that are actually good, so surely you are just waiting to see what lower card nobodies have managed to squeeze in or if they’ve made a 2001 Triple H or whatever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is why they were so pointless in the first place.

The main reason for watching the roster reveals were to see which surprise legend might make it in that year, but when they brought one out with the biggest roster ever, you'd be disappointed if somebody didn't make it in.

In fact, all I really remember from these reveals is people being pissed certain guys who'd made their debut 4 or 5 months prior, had missed the cut for the game and later added as paid DLC.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GM Mode might be coming back, but it looks like this is when the WWE game is going to fully lean into the NBA model of micro-transactions so you can probably assume a ton of GM actions are going to be gimped by needing VC as well. Since the concept of playing a wrestling video game online is kind of broken in the first place and from practices in the past - earning that VC is likely going to be one hell of a struggle too.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

2K's love for slowing career mode progress to people who don't pay real money for in-game currency means that I'm wary of anything they put out. The gameplay could be superb and I still wouldn't be particularly interested if the main single-player modes were tedious grindfests.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FLiam said:

The gameplay from those 2-3 second clips actually looked promising. Almost like it is slower-paced and more of an actual “match”. But I’m sure I’ll be proved wrong.

Kinda felt the same, i don't totally hate the current engine. There's definitely a lot I dislike, but I feel like its something they could make really good. I really hate the kick out of a pin mini game....I'd rather button mash 🙄 

I'll take a wait and see approach. Reviews would have to be absolutely amazing for me to consider buying this at full price (rather than waiting for it to drop after a few months). 

I mean, a dope creation suite and good gameplay would be a great start even if the various modes fall short.