Football Manager 2022

Lineker

afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

Ending my 27/28 season, I manage to pull Fulham back into the Premier League after a disasterous early season that had us sitting in 16th for a few months before the team got their shit together in December with an unbeaten month to put us back near the top 10, eventually pressed on and with a healthy dose of luck on the last day we clinched the 2nd spot on goal difference. (After Brentford got 90+5'd by Forest to drop 2 points)

There's a part of me who doesn't even want to try to bother with the Premier League, the schedule will be less hectic than the lower leagues, but the ridiculous level of play amongst the top teams is not something I will enjoy going up against with this team, even if we should be good on finances (much better than Concord or Shrewsbury ever were).

So i'm keeping my ear to the ground, applying to a few jobs outside of the UK, but not declaring interest. Maybe I'll snag a Ligue 1 or Serie A job out of it, if not, then a hard season of survival is in store for me and Fulham.

As someone who never does journeyman saves and is more committed to super long term projects with plucky teams, I have been having an absolute blast to just focus on climbing the ladder and taking on challenges. But maybe after 7 years I'm ready to find an interesting club to build my true legacy on.

• Like 2

After struggling to get into a game, I went to Germany and started a game as RB Leipzig. Main goal was to challenge for the Bundesliga, maybe win the DFB Polka and get through the latter stages of the Champions League.

Went and did the treble first season. Won The Bundesliga by 10 points, beat FC Koln in the DFB Polka final and got through top of my group in the Champions League which had Sporting Lisborn, Barcelona and Olympiacos. One the highlights was a 5-0 hammering of Barcelona. Faced a tricky round of 16 against AC Milan, both legs finished 1-1 won on penalties. Then had a quarter final tie with Bayern Munich, which was won 4-2 on aggregate. Then came Liverpool in the semi finals, this was a lot tricker but scrapped through 4-2 on aggregate with Origi signed in January scoring both at home and at Anfield. The final against PSG I thought my luck had to run out, 3-2 winners.

I may keep this save going but already had to sell Angelino in post season, with it looking like Nordi Mukiele wanting out. Have managed to secure long term contracts for Dani Olmo and Christopher Nkunku both were vital players

• Like 1

• Admin
22 hours ago, Absolute JasonM said:

In terms of database changes, 100%. There's also a remote chance of a hotfix for gameplay/bugs here and there, but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

Worth flagging that this update saw Mason Greenwood removed from the db.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I've found that the gulf between international teams tends to be a bit unrealistic in these games. In one of my FM21 saves, Italy beat Saudi Arabia 20-0 at the World Cup. Once you get to the 48-team World Cups, double-figure scorelines become far, far more common than they ought to be.

17 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I've found that the gulf between international teams tends to be a bit unrealistic in these games. In one of my FM21 saves, Italy beat Saudi Arabia 20-0 at the World Cup. Once you get to the 48-team World Cups, double-figure scorelines become far, far more common than they ought to be.

Is this a recent thing? I've always played international football in FM and never noticed any weird results. I mean, I've obviously seen surprising results but I don't think I've ever seen any team score 10 goals in a game. I've actually seen it happen more times irl than in game.

30 minutes ago, Malenko said:

Is this a recent thing? I've always played international football in FM and never noticed any weird results. I mean, I've obviously seen surprising results but I don't think I've ever seen any team score 10 goals in a game. I've actually seen it happen more times irl than in game.

I've noticed it a lot in the last couple of versions. It didn't seem to happen before then.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, RazorsEdge said:

Does anyone else notice that you get a loss less offers for your players this year (even if they are wanted by clubs) than previous years?

I think that’s a first couple of seasons thing? Pandemic and all that still? As finances recover.

Newcastle Blood Money Penalty Stripe Update - Summer 2022 - November 2022

Spoiler

Did almost all of my (massive) transfer business early in the window, because I hate to leave stuff late. Get everyone in by pre-season if possible, start building the chemistry! Weird but fun to have all that money to spend and trying to completely re-build a team that JUST BARELY survived relegation anyways! But we have Blood Money, so lots of players were interested, however… I had repeated problems of clubs coming in later for players! I had offer accepted, contract agreed upon, and then snatched away from me! Here’s the main additions!

Antony - RW - Ajax - £55m - Was between him and Raphina from Leeds. Both almost identical in ability, actually preferred Raphina who was just slightly cheaper, but Raphina wanted much higher wages and a release clause that was barely higher than the transfer fee. 

Tyler Adams - BWM - Leipzig - £35m - Was between him and relegated Ndidi. His transfer fee was £15m cheaper, and wanted a lot less on wages. I chose him over Ndidi, but I probably would have lost out on him to Manchester United anyways, where he went.

Max Aarons - RB - Norwich - £44.5m - Paid out the release clause for him, which is probably over paying. But he’s British, and he’s an immediate upgrade over what I have. 

Youri Tielemans - DLP - Leicester - £35m - He was second choice, surprisingly! I really wanted Weston McKennie from Juve because I’m a Yank. I had a smaller fee agreed, smaller wages, and looked set to sign him… then Man United came in and stole him away from me. So I get the less mobile, but technically excellent playmaker to upgrade over Haidara/Longstaff.

Andrea Papetti - CB - Brescia - £4.5m - Cheap wonderkid signing~! He’s great, but couldn’t get a WP, so he’s off on loan to Serie A to get one. 

Tanguy Nianzou - CB - Bayern - £24.5m - I actually wasn’t going to exercise my buy option because I had agreed a big money deal with Tomori. Then for the 2nd/3rd time, Manchester United came calling at the 11th hour to swoop away my signing. So Nianzou came in after all. He’s young and good, but he’s definitely not Tomori good.

Karim Adeyemi - ST/RW - Salzburg - £20m - This was unplanned! I wanted a back-up ST because we all know Wilson is injury prone. I tried to sign Belotti on a free transfer, was beaten at the last minute by Spurs. I was then so excited because I was about to sign IBRA on a free… and then Arsenal signed him at the last minute! Saw Spurs then trying to sign Adeyemi, so I ended up stealing him away from Spurs in revenge! SUCK IT, Spuds!

Gianluca Mancini - CB - Roma - £25.5m - I said I didn’t like to do late signings, but this was a nice DEADLINE DAY signing shocker~! He’s pretty much ideal for my set-up, he was well below market value because he was forcing a move, and he surprisingly chose coming to Blood Moneycastle FC over Chelsea, where I just assumed he would end up after Roma accepted their offer. Plus, Jamal Lascelles broke his ankle in pre-season, so I was short on options too. 

I spent just over £230m overall… so naturally, I had to sell players too. Unfortunately, I only raised £42m for a net spend of pretty much £190m. I am now expecting to qualify for Europe and not be allowed entry because of FFP, since FM doesn’t allow for real life corruption, which is what would totally happen if Newcastle qualified for Europe under these circumstances! Fabian Schar, Ciaran Clark, Javi Manquillo, Jonjo Shelvey, Ryan Fraser, and Miguel Almiron all got sold off.

So far up to the World Cup break and after 14 games… I’m in second place! 5 points behind United after just losing to them on the final match before the break (wtf… they finished 5th last season and somehow get Mbappe to join them, plus a bunch of other signings. Unreal!). 3 points clear of Spurs in 5th place/Everton in 6th place, so there is going to be a fight in 2023 for Champions League/Europa/Conference. The shock of the season has definitely been Manchester City. They’re in 11th place, 20 points, 7 off Top 4, and sacked Pep Guardiola. First time I’ve ever seen him sacked! They just hired Max Allegri instead of waiting until after the World Cup, so expecting their resurgence as well. 

Most of my players are in that happy 7.00+ green range. Renan Lodi, Tielemans, and Antony. Callum Wilson is my best player with 8g & 4a in 12 apps, but Mancini has come in and immediately been the star of my defense. A lot of just very helpful contributors so far on the team, so hopeful we can finish Top 4. No plans on upgrading in January because we’ve spent way too much money as it is! 3rd best attack and 4th best defense so far… so don’t Spurs this up! 

We’ve done well in the big matches so far too. Lost 2-1 away to Man City, but only on a KDB winner in the final minutes. Beat Chelsea 2-1 on a stoppage time winner! Tied Liverpool home 2-2, but blew a 2-0 lead and gave up a 90’ equalizer. Only lost by 1 at Old Trafford. Into the QF of the League Cup (@ Chelsea), and @ Burnley for the FA Cup.

Here’s the depth chart!

GK: Dubravka, Kelleher

RB: Aarons, Scally, Chambers

RCB: Nianzou, Chambers

LCB: Mancini, Lascelles

LB: Lodi, Lewis

BWM: Adams, Hayden, Longstaff

DLP: Tielemans, Haidara, Longstaff

RW: Antony, Nico Williams, Adeyemi

LW: ASM, Gouri

SS: Willock (lately have played a 442 though, so he’s not featured as much)

AF: Wilson, Adeyemi

DLF/F9: Wilson, Gouri

Started doing the 4-2-3-1 Vertical Tiki Taka, but have played a lot of 4-4-2/4-2-2-2 with Wilson as DLF and Adeyemi as AF, or Wilson as the AF and Gouri as a F9. That’s worked better than Willock in the 10. 

• Like 1