Football Manager 2022

Lineker

18 hours ago, 9 to 5 said:

Yet they enforced Brexit upon us. :shifty:

Literally started typing this response. Brexit's made the game so hard at times. I spend so long scouring the US and Gibraltar leagues for decent catches. I've also realised at the tail end of 2026 that my search filters are wrong, so I was missing out on potential partial British/Irish nationals in my player searches! It's been a pretty mental last half of the season as a result. Clydebank have risen to the top!

2021 - Saved from relegation (6th tier).
2022 - 6th tier champions. Beat the other two 6th tier champions to gain promotion to 5th tier.
2023 - 5th tier champions. Beat the other 5th tier champions, and then the lowest club in 4th tier to gain promotion to 4th tier.
2024 - 4th tier champions. Automatic promotion to 3rd tier.
2025 - Struggle. Almost get sacked after Christmas but JUST meet the board's criteria for staying. Relegation avoided.
2026 - Promoted from 3rd tier via play-offs to 2nd tier.
2027 - Promoted from 2nd tier via play-offs to 1st tier!

Only now has the board decided to turn professional. Unbelievable stuff. :lol:

I prepare to be absolutely spanked now unless I can find decent frees.

What's the go to highlights package for you guys nowadays? I always used Extended, but I'm considering switching to Key in the hope that I'll stick to a game longer. I'm pretty sure from watching the first few episodes of lollujo's Barca series that he was using Key too.

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

What's the go to highlights package for you guys nowadays? I always used Extended, but I'm considering switching to Key in the hope that I'll stick to a game longer. I'm pretty sure from watching the first few episodes of lollujo's Barca series that he was using Key too.

Key. Extended is better if you want a greater sense of how the fixture is playing out but the entire save goes much quicker with Key on.

Although it doesn't stop regular match updates where someone beats three players and does a tame shot - prompting a minus 0.2 to their match rating and the regular "That would have been brilliant!" commentary line, no matter how shit the shot was.

6 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Hopefully the passing maps actually work this year…

Nice to see a new CB role. 

The rest all looks the same? Sign players on deadline day? 

It's control the amount of time that advances on deadline day.

Some good stuff in there - nothing too deep but match engine stuff is apparently coming. More manager appearance options is nice - saw both beard and eyebrow thickness in there.