NHL 2022

SeanDMan

fg014mbn4jo71.jpg?width=500&auto=webp&s=

Teams are already playing prospect camps so let's make a new thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Lineker changed the title to NHL 2022

I can't wait for another season of mediocrity from the Flames.

I really loved the Blake Coleman signing. The rest of the summer? Basically a wash.

The skilled players from last year's bottom six have been replaced with Sutter-types. Giordano is gone and the defense is definitely worse off than last season. The top six remains intact with Gaudreau and Monahan both returning.

Treliving is banking on Sutter being able to whip the boys into shape and get their buy-in for his defense-first system. I feel like it's possible, but they'll still need a lot of upgrades at the deadline if they expect to contend in the post-season... and that's really only if they're in good shape by the time we hit that marker.

I'm not convinced, but at least this is the last season that Treliving will be able to impact the team if they can't get it done... because he sure as shit didn't give them any real help.

• 3 weeks later...

The schedule is wonky all over. The Flames don't even play their first game until tomorrow night, five days into the season, when most teams have played multiple already. They also have no back to back games over the next week and a half to catch up.

I know lots of people are all about the Olympics, but man do they ever just screw around with the NHL season.

13 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

The Leafs are in post-season form tonight. 

That first period was rough, but the Leafs dominated possession the rest of the way and were unlucky not to get out of there with at least a point. If they can eliminate the early mistakes (they made the same ones against Montreal on Wednesday), they should be alright.

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

The schedule is wonky all over. The Flames don't even play their first game until tomorrow night, five days into the season, when most teams have played multiple already. They also have no back to back games over the next week and a half to catch up.

I know lots of people are all about the Olympics, but man do they ever just screw around with the NHL season.

I know it'll never happen because $$$ but a 56-64 game season makes a lot more sense in an Olympics year (or any year really). But it basically lets the league shave 3-4 weeks off for players to go to the Olympics and alleviate schedule congestion.

This is my first time seeing an interview with Connor McDavid…why do all these all world level talent Canadians have like zero personality?

8 minutes ago, Maxx said:

This is my first time seeing an interview with Connor McDavid…why do all these all world level talent Canadians have like zero personality?

Having a personality is illegal when you're good at hockey.