NHL 2022

SeanDMan

• 2 weeks later...

we're still 13 points away but I feel Roman Josi will be the first D-man to reach 100 points in a season since Brian Leetch in 1991. He's on pace to get it a couple games before the end of the season and with his current form he could get it sooner but we'll see. He already broke the franchise record for points in a single season. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Ruki Returns said:

Playoffs are anxiety. I DON'T LIKE THIS. I DON'T LIKE CHEERING FOR A CURSED TEAM.

It's not an ideal matchup for the first round either. Having to play the lightning who ended worse than expected due to underperforming and kucherov's absence half of the season.

I do believe the leafs are really good this year but it's unfortunate they have to play the lightning in round 1. This is definitely not what I would expect at round 1 (maybe I would when the lightning were very good and the leafs weren't but not now).

2 periods in... I'm feeling pretty ok.

Edit: After 3 periods, I am feeling pretty darn ok! But I think from game 2 on, things are gonna get feisty. Maroon, Perry, Simmonds and Clifford (if he isn't suspended for that stupid hit) are gonna go at each other. 

Period 1 is in the books, and I don't think I could have asked for more. If CBC decides to stop streaming my game now, it was a perfect post-season.

Seriously though, fantastic first period from the Flames. If they can stick to their system and not get pulled away from doing what they do, this is going to be a good run.

The Islanders just fired Barry Trotz.

Lead them to three straight playoff berths, had a winning record this year and frankly they probably only missed the playoffs because they had to play ridiculously shorthanded for a month early in the season due to COVID.  And now he's fired?

Unless there was some sort of impropriety going on that hasn't been reported yet, this is a really fucking stupid decision.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CM Busch said:

In addition to the COVID stuff they had like a 20 game road trip to begin the year because their arena wasn't ready.

This is just completely idiotic, and maybe having a nearly 80 year old Lou Lamoriello running the franchise isn't such a good idea.

Lou has always done this. If I recall he fired/didn't retain all 3 Cup-winning coaches with the Devils.

He lost it 15 years ago though when he made himself head coach... twice.

• Haha 1