NHL 2022

SeanDMan

I've seen the theory that that ownership agree with the general consensus that the team's style of play is just boring to watch, that they can't really market Barzal or any other star because Trotz' system stifles offensive-minded play.

Sure seems like a shitty reason to dump a proven winner.

The avalanche are so good. I don't mean because they just beat the predators since that was predictable. They looked good throughout the season and since MacKinnon came back they look unstoppable.

MacKinnon obviously one of the very best in the league. Cale Makar is ridiculous. Rantanen, Landeskog, Kadri, Devon Toews are all really good. More guys like Burakovsky, Nichushkin, Erik Johnson, Kuemper back at the level he was before the pandemic with the coyotes, even guys like Byram even though he's s very young and hasn't played a full season yet or Lehkonen since he arrived have great shifts.

I can see them having some troubles with the best teams in the east but they'll be fresh the next few rounds if they keep this level and that would be an important factor if they get to the final. I don't think there's anyone in the west apart from Calgary that has a good enough D to stop their offensive power and they'll get less rest days. And that's assuming they even beat Dallas, which I still assume they will eventually, even if the stars are giving them a run for their money.

5 hours ago, Malenko said:

The avalanche are so good. I don't mean because they just beat the predators since that was predictable. They looked good throughout the season and since MacKinnon came back they look unstoppable.

MacKinnon obviously one of the very best in the league. Cale Makar is ridiculous. Rantanen, Landeskog, Kadri, Devon Toews are all really good. More guys like Burakovsky, Nichushkin, Erik Johnson, Kuemper back at the level he was before the pandemic with the coyotes, even guys like Byram even though he's s very young and hasn't played a full season yet or Lehkonen since he arrived have great shifts.

I can see them having some troubles with the best teams in the east but they'll be fresh the next few rounds if they keep this level and that would be an important factor if they get to the final. I don't think there's anyone in the west apart from Calgary that has a good enough D to stop their offensive power and they'll get less rest days. And that's assuming they even beat Dallas, which I still assume they will eventually, even if the stars are giving them a run for their money.

I'll be glued to the TV if we get a Wild-Avs series!

• Like 1

Minnesota and Calgary because of their particular play styles will both be tough outs for Colorado. Avs would smoke the Blues or anyone else though, too much firepower.

East to me is much more intriguing and I think is where the eventual Cup winner comes out of. The Pacific was one of the worst divisions ever this year and the bottom third of the Central was also dreadful. West teams like Colorado look stronger than they maybe are due to picking up a ton of easy points over the season.

There's a narrative going around social media that the Flames/Stars series has been boring because the scores don't look like football.

I highly doubt that those people have even watched the games. Granted, I've only been able to watch games 1 and 4, but they are hard hitting, old school playoff games. I am really hoping that I won't be able to watch another game this series, because if I do, that means we're at game seven, and I really don't want the stress of game seven.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ruki Returns said:

....Tampa has a 5 on 3... KILL ME

3-3. :(

SIGHHHHHHHH. It was always going to game 7.

at least your team gets a game 7 :(

• Sad 1

I'm stunned Minnesota shit the bed. I knew St. Louis wasn't the easiest matchup but they lost in 6 games and the tail end of the series they just looked terrible during. Wild were rightfully a trendy Cup finalist pick, and even a winner. 

Colorado-Calgary feels almost like a foregone conclusion now out west.

• Sad 1