FIFA 23

Dang117

I'm doing I'm breaking it - maybe 10 years that I won't be buying. I completely lost interest last year, it seemed to be completely back to pacey wingers and all that & don't have the patience to learn all the skill moves which seem to make it playable. 

Hopefully I don't cave. 

I entirely won't care until I pack some sick player on the Web app and cave and actually buy it. Hopefully by that point the game is like £30 rather than £60. I only caved last year because I had a deal to get half the launch price as cashback.

Presumably I'll have the trial from Gamepass so I'll probably give that a bash once I get my Series S. It's weird because last year was my most succesfull ever in terms of FUT and the players I had but I just have no urge to play it. Only mode I ever stick with is Clubs and I think that's fallen by the wayside Dragons wise...

• Like 1

I'd 100% be up for Dragons this year again if they allowed crossplay, and I think I'll end up picking it up at some point down the road but I don't know if I'll bother if none of the lads are going to be on.

15 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I'm doing I'm breaking it - maybe 10 years that I won't be buying. I completely lost interest last year, it seemed to be completely back to pacey wingers and all that & don't have the patience to learn all the skill moves which seem to make it playable. 

Hopefully I don't cave. 

'21 was the first I ain't bought since '98 and I haven't looked back.

I watched the reveal a month or two ago for next gen, with the crazy list of improvements made to all aspects of the game, with data taken from real life 11v11 matches to track player movements etc. 

But the gameplay videos I've seen so far look pretty much the same over the top skills/speed-fest, all taking place on ice. It doesn't resemble football at all. Unfortunately, casual players and streamers prefer it this way, so I don't think it's changing to a more sim approach any time soon, which is a shame because presentation wise, it keeps getting better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

I watched the reveal a month or two ago for next gen, with the crazy list of improvements made to all aspects of the game, with data taken from real life 11v11 matches to track player movements etc. 

But the gameplay videos I've seen so far look pretty much the same over the top skills/speed-fest, all taking place on ice. It doesn't resemble football at all. Unfortunately, casual players and streamers prefer it this way, so I don't think it's changing to a more sim approach any time soon, which is a shame because presentation wise, it keeps getting better.

Yeah, but what are your thoughts on the keepers? :P

I used to get that with FIFA too, every so often. Ruins things a bit.

This is my main issue with the game. I've never really found the offline experience to be fun. I'm not sure what it's like playing against the AI nowadays, but a few years ago, it got boring quickly. The only real online mode that interests me is UT obviously, and that attracts the worst kind of online gamer so I'm not sure I'm arsed, especially with lag issues like you mention.

I have seen some gameplay videos, and one upside of the next gen version is the net physics/sounds. The goals look really good, so scoring them should be more satisfying now, perhaps?

I like the new camera angle although it does take time to get used to it. Curling one into the corner is satisfying now and games don't seem to be massively high scoring which is good.

It does feel like it's not as "spam skill moves" and requiring a bit of patience but at the same time you're gonna get times on FUT where you come up against Credit Card FC and it's frustrating or I do agree with @Szumi - A Polack the passing feels off at times such as I've always left the little aim indicator, it'll point the direction I want it and then it just goes nowhere near that vicinity

I just wish Konami didn't butcher PES cause now unless something changes there's going to be no competition to strive for improvement. I don't blame EA it's smart business, FUT is the money maker and the eSports scene and streamers is what they're appealing tol

• Haha 1

Credit Card FC got me.

I've said it for a while, I wish it could be split into two separate categories. A market for those paying with coins earned, and those who have used real cash. It'll never happen obviously but it would be nice to have to work towards earning the best squads. And of course the best players would then become cheaper on the free market.

I've never played FUT for that reason. I've only done the online Seasons when I've played online. I like just playing with the rosters as they are, but I can only play online at my mom's with my shitty internet. So I play a lot of offline Career Mode and holy hell is it still frustrating. I have already had to adjust the sliders a tad to make the passing better/the game more realistic. The amount of 1 v 1s I've had saved by the AI is ridiculous. Hopefully patches come along the way to fix the gameplay issues