FIFA 23

Dang117

4 hours ago, Baddar said:

From what I read last night, the main loss for EA here is the FIFA name. They still negotiate each league license separately, so they'll still be the company with the lions share of rights going forward.

Also a lot of player likenesses are tied up in their recently renewed FIFPro deal, so I don't think there's a danger of mass absences.

16 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

There used to be so many football games. I remember Olympic Soccer, Viva Football, Ronaldo V-Football, Michael Owen's WLS, Chris Kamara's Street Soccer, Adidas Power Soccer, This is Football, International Superstar Soccer, Actua Soccer, David Beckham Soccer, Puma Street Soccer and Three Lions.

Those were all PS1 games off the top of my head. I'm sure there were more I've forgotten. It didn't take long after that for PES and FIFA to become the only published football games around.

Oh my god Viva Football was an absolute dog, basically unplayable. The best parts of that game were the intro video and team management area so you could check out all the old players (this was actually pretty cool before you could just look them up on Wikipedia or whatever)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spending a boring first half of the year in career mode at Blackburn Rovers. Player career mode. Enjoying it and making a created player fit for National Team of Scotland. CAM. To that he sometimes switches in for Dack. Often comes on late in the game. Diaz working on the wing helps. 

However. Danny King. A take from 'The Wildcard' Denny King from TEW. He is now the manager of Manchester City. Looking forward to using Grealish and Sterling. Going to sign a young prospect as striker and a main new team front man. Kane is someone I want to use at City if I can get his cheap enough. Dropping back from striker into midfield and use his passing and physical to pass onto Sterling or Grealish. Take onto the wing then and ease in back to Kane or the CAM. All about tactics though and how well all will mold into the team. Few changes are needed. 

29 minutes ago, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

Sounds about right.

I can never get into player careers, I never forgave Southampton for making me spend a year in Korea and then selling me the one time I tried it.

Tbf it's been much boring for the fans. Usual early goal, second half collapse, a 75th minute comeback only for the away team to snatch a winner in 90th minutes. Comes down to fatigue and how the AI set up the formation and sign players. 

How was Korea?! Can be annoying when you are loaned out or sold.

I tend to only play a few matches here or there on a player career. See if I can train the player any better, or how he would fit into the team. RPG element of it is fun if you can add it. 

Usual time on the game it is FUT or Career Mode. 

1 minute ago, TheGrandAvatar said:

Tbf it's been much boring for the fans. Usual early goal, second half collapse, a 75th minute comeback only for the away team to snatch a winner in 90th minutes. Comes down to fatigue and how the AI set up the formation and sign players. 

How was Korea?! Can be annoying when you are loaned out or sold.

I tend to only play a few matches here or there on a player career. See if I can train the player any better, or how he would fit into the team. RPG element of it is fun if you can add it. 

Usual time on the game it is FUT or Career Mode. 

Gangwon for life. It was a good year, but it's a shit league, so once you put a few stats in the right place you're just vastly better. I was more offended they sold me afterwards given how we I ended the season.

I mostly do FUT but I only bothered this year since it was free on PS+, I've assembled a pretty good prem team and already got bored of it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/07/2022 at 21:59, Brandon Cutler Fan Account said:

Gangwon for life. It was a good year, but it's a shit league, so once you put a few stats in the right place you're just vastly better. I was more offended they sold me afterwards given how we I ended the season.

I mostly do FUT but I only bothered this year since it was free on PS+, I've assembled a pretty good prem team and already got bored of it.

I'm still doing the odd few games on the player career when I feel like it. Agree can be easy to OP the player. Have been only training once or twice a month. That is only of the team has won more games than they have lost. 

Over on FUT. Figuring out how the team can include Kane, Ronaldo, Grealish and Salah. It would mean going from the 4-3-2-1. Prefer the three midfields being there and don't fancy putting Kane or Ronaldo in place. But need a decent striker and ball-player. Maybe Grealish would be better as a non starter as an impact sub. Same with Salah. Less of an attack and more defensive midfiled. 

I've been dabbiling in this since it came to EA Play/Gamepass and they just hand out cards like sweets on Halloween at this time of year, don't they? With fairly minimal effort I've managed to get a La Liga team together that has virtually everyone at 90+ (only ones missing are LW and RB that I could easily add on) plus all manner of other 90+ cards in reserve. Certainly makes a change from starting the game in week 1 and feeling like a boss because your starter team has a 79 rated Danny Ings up front.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, King Ellis said:

I've been dabbiling in this since it came to EA Play/Gamepass and they just hand out cards like sweets on Halloween at this time of year, don't they? With fairly minimal effort I've managed to get a La Liga team together that has virtually everyone at 90+ (only ones missing are LW and RB that I could easily add on) plus all manner of other 90+ cards in reserve. Certainly makes a change from starting the game in week 1 and feeling like a boss because your starter team has a 79 rated Danny Ings up front.

Oh nice. I am glad that you have been able to enjoy coming to the game at a late stage but very fun for you in the experience.

The packs have been really decent weight. At this time of the year for the final stretch all special cards are put in packs again with a higher drop rate. Usually mostly on untraceables. So it is Christmas for cards. They have removed some of the SBCs that used to be good to put duplicate high players in of leagues and earn good packs. 

Sure if you keep grinding or unlocking packs or buying them with whatever method you have used  that you'll amass the one's you need. Lot's in my club too. Actually too much. But just about enjoying some fun play really for the last couple of weeks. 

Are you enjoying the team you have put together and learning to play okay with them and tactics wise?!

I have stuck with the same players as I know how each controls and where they are stronger and weakest. 

Sort of, it kinda feels like it goes to one extreme or the other. Either the other team is just crazy good and my players feel sluggish and couldn't strong 2 passes together, or I just hope the other team away. One of the closer ones even ended up in silly territory after I came back from 3 down to equalise in the last minute and my 96 Beradi ended up with 7 goals off the bench.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

If @Dang117 could change the thread title, we can use this one for general FIFA chat from now on.

My trial is about to end, so I guess I should go about purchasing the game shortly.

Here's my very cheaply assembled La Liga squad. I have the likes of Courtois and Valverde to use in Friendly games due to their loan status.

LaLigaUT.png

• Like 1

• Kaney changed the title to FIFA 23

Been playing a bunch of the squad battles as I'm not sure how many I'll be able to play during the week - currently sitting in the Elite 1 prizes but I doubt I'd be able to maintain that unless I complete the full set of 40 matches and that'd take some effort.

• Like 1