FIFA 23

Dang117

37 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Been playing a bunch of the squad battles as I'm not sure how many I'll be able to play during the week - currently sitting in the Elite 1 prizes but I doubt I'd be able to maintain that unless I complete the full set of 40 matches and that'd take some effort.

Yes same here with Squad battles. I'm doing okay. Played online and lost three matches, won one and drawn one. Mixed results really. Skill level is not as good as it used to be and need to fiddle with tactics. Skipped some tutorials too on FUT which has not helped. Just taking my time with the game and enjoying what I can do. Playing odd offline game too and that has been fun in career or a tournament. Good luck staying where ever you can do to get some rewards. 

Edit: Going to try a player career. So name me a nation and name for them and what team. 

20221003_003504.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

The new FUT Moments feature is pretty good. Quick match scenarios to earn stars (mainly on amateur or semi-pro) which take a minute or so to complete, and you can use those stars to open packs - even the tradeable types.

Been slowly working away through that section of the game too. Not opened the packs with the stars. Just saving then up until a pack opening spree. It is pretty fun just for a quick mode of play. From a quick look there seems to be a lot more to do this year in the game and not just in the FUT section. Don't think I've really scratched the surface of the game yet.

The career mode menu improvements I can appreciate as it did need an overhaul. Smoother and easy to navigate and fiddle around with.

My only issue is me. Being overwhelmed by the game, or not switching to players in time or making a costly error mistake. Need to not pull defenders out or move onto the ball with a running player and let the play come to me. Time shots better but not be scared to take the shot and keep possession. Tackling. Often afraid to tackle a player in case of a foul. But not tackling is more costly. I analyse way too much. But should know my skill level is the best it will be with health wise, muscle memory and cognitive functions and gameplay skill. Also depends on who you are playing and who is on their team and who is on yours. The first few days always feel a slog. Pick up pace once the team improves and I get used to it all again. 

My luck when opening packs from rewards and squad builder challengers are usually shocking but this year so far I've managed to pack a hero in Ricardo Carvalho and Benzema and Frankie De Jong, I fully now expect to constantly only get player card from the two South American competitions  

• Like 1

Not everyone will have played 20/40 of their games but I have about a 10k point cushion in Elite 1 at the moment. 

I've only played 18 full games in truth. I was leading in two others but got disconnected and was handed 0pts and an immediate loss. Typical. I've only lost one actual game so far.

received_5617072081715120.webp

• Like 1

Show off. 😒 But really well done. Not had chance at all to play that many myself.

Played to my three wins that I needed as noticed that if I did get them I would qualify for the rewards so just played a few games to relax with. 2-1 and 4-1. 

Not updated the team much since last week. Shaw is now in LB position so I can create more attacking runs and prefer to use players I know that have got decent pace and crossing. Next position will be RB to upgrade. CAM then to ST and finally CBs. All depends though on whatever I packed later. 

20221006_062717.jpg

• Like 1

Got annoyed with mine last night as I had my 3rd disconnection with about 15mins to go in a game whilst ahead. Others have reported the same during squad battles too. 40 games that run close to 20mins each is a huge slog every week and the difference between getting the top prizes and the lower tiers can be a few points, so getting these random disconnects when it signs you back in to the server as soon as you return to the menu is annoying.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Got annoyed with mine last night as I had my 3rd disconnection with about 15mins to go in a game whilst ahead. Others have reported the same during squad battles too. 40 games that run close to 20mins each is a huge slog every week and the difference between getting the top prizes and the lower tiers can be a few points, so getting these random disconnects when it signs you back in to the server as soon as you return to the menu is annoying.

Avoided this so far as hardly touched Squad Battles this year. Maybe one or two games. Can be a slog to play that amount of games along with either being disconnected or taking a loss. Amounts up does the time spent with Squad Battles so you never really feel you've made much progress after spending 40+ minutes each day on them. Trying myself not to get Fifa rage at time's with it. But learning my mistakes and if I slip up I just breathe to remain calm. Least I can pause the game if it gets too tense. 😬😅

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

EA servers are the always bad. There was a huge complaint during early access for the people that paid for the ultimate edition that the servers went down for 2-3 hours

• Like 1

Anyone else tight as fuck when it comes to coins?

Almost every area of my squad could do with an upgrade but I don't want to part with the 60k I've built up.

Although most of the players around that price point have at least one other better one in that position. 

Bono is my current keeper but I'm considering dropping 30+k on Oblak. Alaba would cost me 50k but the likes of Rudiger and Militao are bigger, quicker and pricier.

• Like 1

I'd get that because it always felt like l'd buy someone and then they'd halve in value within a few days and it'd annoy me.

Or, it'd be like "for 20k I can get this guy. But if I saved an extra 20 I could get this guy who's better. Ooh but for an extra 10 on top this guy is even better still!" And it turns into one of those thing where you just hold off and don't get anyone.

Then again, I am a miser at heart so I'd get an odd joy from trying to make competent teams from players as cheap as possible.

• Like 2

I'm about 6 hours into my trial and I'm still undecided. I've had to lower myself to playing FUT at Professional because the AI on World Class just irritates me far too much, and I'm nowhere near good enough as a team or a player to try Legendary.

Player career has been a revelation, I had no idea it had so much more detail these days, but I'm not sure that will be sufficient for buying it.

My favourite part of the game are the really awkward cut scenes in Manager career when you sell someone.

• Like 2

I managed to power through 4 more of my battles this afternoon, taking me to 32/40 completed. For the first time I won a set without conceding, 4-0, 2-0, 4-0, 2-0, which has helped my points tally massively.

Should get the remainder done by the time the rewards are handed out Sunday afternoon. Elite 1 target is currently 31000pts and I have 45000pts banked, so there's a chance I wouldn't need to play every one, but the total is bound to increase faster throughout tonight and tomorrow when others have had more of a chance to play theirs.

Once my team is better I'll focus more on the online side too, but I can't commit to the weekend league as it's just too time consuming. It used to be that you had to fit 40 games in over a single weekend - not sure if that's changed but there's no way I could do that.

• Like 1

From what I remember of weekend league I think it's 20 games. But most just play to a lower reward, or at least that is how it has been for the last two years. I can't remember for the life of me how it worked last year as I just played what I could. Best time I found was to play Weekend League on a Sunday. Most people have completed their games by then if you are worried on skill level. Although this leaves less time to get them all in. 

With spending coins on players. The prices of the higher rated players will drop in the next few weeks as more special cards are out or people selling those players for better. Just manage what you can do for now or who you have until you can pick them up at a better price.  Try not to worry on coins too much. You'll make them back. Just enjoy the game and use the players you want. 

Update: Online have drawn and won. Played squad battles and updated my team a little. 

20221007_213931.jpg