25 minutes ago, Adam said:

I may be just missing something here, but why stick all the teams near enough in this league in cities that already have NFL teams?

They're some of the largest TV markets in the country which means more advertising dollars. Nobody starts small with these things and it's a huge reason they always fail.

• Thanks 1

Plus, not every one wants that much football. Between college, the NFL, and Arena (if that's still a thing?), there's more than enough for a lot of people. 

*edited to add* And the CFL. 

Edited by GhostMachine

The Arena Football League got effectively killed off over the last decade of mismanagement. It stopped growing in popularity so the people behind the teams and league just took what money they could from it and let it die.

The Indoor Football League is still going strong. Includes some old favorites from the AFL glory years of the 90s. And the rest of the teams are in smaller cities that would never get an NFL team.

Overall if you want my opinion on too much football, it's definitely a thing. And after watching the NFL I don't want to watch a cheap imitation league immediately after the end of the season. What I realistically want is a league that is a proper NFL developmental project and an alternative league. We have the alternative between CFL and IFL, but it never seems we'll get the developmental league.

No LA Express, no buys.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

The Arena Football League got effectively killed off over the last decade of mismanagement. It stopped growing in popularity so the people behind the teams and league just took what money they could from it and let it die.

The Indoor Football League is still going strong. Includes some old favorites from the AFL glory years of the 90s. And the rest of the teams are in smaller cities that would never get an NFL team.

Overall if you want my opinion on too much football, it's definitely a thing. And after watching the NFL I don't want to watch a cheap imitation league immediately after the end of the season. What I realistically want is a league that is a proper NFL developmental project and an alternative league. We have the alternative between CFL and IFL, but it never seems we'll get the developmental league.

Arena Football I thought was a joke. Andy Kelly, who was like a deer in the headlights when he played for the Vols in college, couldn't even cut it as a third-stringer in the NFL. Yet ended up an Arena League Hall of Famer. (Kelly was a good college QB, but couldn't run to save his life. Even if he was going to get sacked.)

Just now, Maxx said:

They can't come back until Steve Young's contract is off the books.

All I'm hearing is that we still have Steve Young under contract.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1