TEW20 Real World Update: December 2021

Here is the update for December, not many big changes this month, did a little tweek to owner/booker levels but nothing too drastic, just the usual updates and changes for the month, I did find a duplicate worker and they were removed, along with adding some of the new NXT talent that has debuted (details in the editor notepad), beyond that just the usual if you see errors post them and I'll fix for next month.

I'm going to drop a beta/preview of my new worker picture pack by the end of the week, it won't be fully compatible just yet, but it should be usable if you're playing the big American promotions and maybe a few American indies, it'll have a seperate thread for it but I'm hoping to built it to be able to convert the mod over to using it for the post WrestleMania update.

Enjoy

Database: December 2021
Graphics: December 2021

Workers: July 2021
Worker Expansion: June 2020
Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.

• Thanks 1

• Lineker pinned and featured this topic

Assuming that the Workers pack was last updated in July of 2021, would that mean that for anyone looking to get more updated worker pics, we'd have to go to the Wrestler Picture Requests forum and comb through there? I notice that you occasionally post TEWPICUPDATE<X> there so, I assume each pic update you do in those are from where you left off in July and just update along the way?

42 minutes ago, Celtinigma said:

Assuming that the Workers pack was last updated in July of 2021, would that mean that for anyone looking to get more updated worker pics, we'd have to go to the Wrestler Picture Requests forum and comb through there? I notice that you occasionally post TEWPICUPDATE<X> there so, I assume each pic update you do in those are from where you left off in July and just update along the way?

Yes. but I've not been working on them the pack couple months working on a new pack, I'm going to release a final pack in January that would have everything I've done so far in it, I'd suggest popping into my Discord as there has been updated from others there, although they mostly cover WWE and Stardom.

I tended to like to keep to the kayfabe of masked wrestlers who also worked separate gimmicks/characters unmasked, but it looks like Gentleman Jervis/Kevin Condron has publicly admitted he's behind the mask, so who should be the "main" worker in the data, I'm thinking of leaning towards Gentleman Jervis since that's who he wrestles mostly as, but could easilly have as Kevin Condron with a 100% Gentleman Jervis gimmick.

19 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

I tended to like to keep to the kayfabe of masked wrestlers who also worked separate gimmicks/characters unmasked, but it looks like Gentleman Jervis/Kevin Condron has publicly admitted he's behind the mask, so who should be the "main" worker in the data, I'm thinking of leaning towards Gentleman Jervis since that's who he wrestles mostly as, but could easilly have as Kevin Condron with a 100% Gentleman Jervis gimmick.

Being that he's known in the industry as Kevin Condron, and it isn't like most people who would use him don't already know that, I'd go with that as his main name.

Due to the situation with Ring of Honor, I've closed them down for January, from all understanding Final Battle was considered the goodbye to ROH and while they have Supercard of Honor planned in 2022, there is no guarantees of it being a full return. If they do run Supercard of Honor then I'll make them active in the post WrestleMania update and go on from there.

I've given GCW a small pop boost since this makes them top of the American Indies, that's no knock to PWG, but frequently running shows > occasional spot shows.

23 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

Due to the situation with Ring of Honor, I've closed them down for January, from all understanding Final Battle was considered the goodbye to ROH and while they have Supercard of Honor planned in 2022, there is no guarantees of it being a full return. If they do run Supercard of Honor then I'll make them active in the post WrestleMania update and go on from there.

I've given GCW a small pop boost since this makes them top of the American Indies, that's no knock to PWG, but frequently running shows > occasional spot shows.

While they announced a spring return, they really treated Final Battle as if it could very well be the last ROH show ever. It doesn't feel like a return is as concrete as they wanted us to believe. In that sense, removing ROH is probably for the best.

For Western Canada, ECCW is returning, but it appears as though all of the top people who weren't mixed up in the Speaking Out movement have moved to Nation Extreme Wrestling, which is I believe 3 shows into their life. Might be worth replacing ECCW with NEW.

8 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

While they announced a spring return, they really treated Final Battle as if it could very well be the last ROH show ever. It doesn't feel like a return is as concrete as they wanted us to believe. In that sense, removing ROH is probably for the best.

For Western Canada, ECCW is returning, but it appears as though all of the top people who weren't mixed up in the Speaking Out movement have moved to Nation Extreme Wrestling, which is I believe 3 shows into their life. Might be worth replacing ECCW with NEW.

Yeah I've seen all the notable ECCW talent have jumped ship, I'll look into setting up NEW in place of ECCW for either January or February.

• Like 1

Couple of things of note

I've gone through and updated some popularity for WWE, NXT, AEW. The big change being that anyone in AEW who's All Elite/on a written deal now has pop rated across the US like WWE/NXT.

I've also updated rosters for AEW CWFH Impact, MLW, NWA, NXT & WWE to be a bit more up to date.

I've gone through and corrected some luchador names, namely the Hijo/Hija workers, I didn't know the difference between de and del and running them through a translator spat out the same thing so I just put them in as the same, turns out it's based on who their grandfather was and if their name started with El or not, either way it'll be corrected for January.

Also as usual the January update will be out some point between the 1st and 4th, but will still only reflect starting on January 1st, it's just due to the time of year and all that to fit everything in.

EDIT

Nation Extreme Wrestling are now active in the mod for January.

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

On 21/12/2021 at 14:33, TheWho87 said:

Couple of things of note

I've gone through and updated some popularity for WWE, NXT, AEW. The big change being that anyone in AEW who's All Elite/on a written deal now has pop rated across the US like WWE/NXT.

I've also updated rosters for AEW CWFH Impact, MLW, NWA, NXT & WWE to be a bit more up to date.

I've gone through and corrected some luchador names, namely the Hijo/Hija workers, I didn't know the difference between de and del and running them through a translator spat out the same thing so I just put them in as the same, turns out it's based on who their grandfather was and if their name started with El or not, either way it'll be corrected for January.

Also as usual the January update will be out some point between the 1st and 4th, but will still only reflect starting on January 1st, it's just due to the time of year and all that to fit everything in.

EDIT

Nation Extreme Wrestling are now active in the mod for January.

I think it is dependant on if it would have el or the or not. So the Son of El Santo is Hijo del Santo while the son of La Park is Hijo de La Park. That said, what gets the El Infront of the Hijo or not is another story altogether. Some workers also can have el in front of their names sometimes but not others. I wish it wasn't as confusing.

The next update should be out by Monday the latest, it will still be set up as though starting on January 1st, so anything that happens over the eeekend will not make it in, although if someone new shows up on WWE Day 1, I'll sign them for the convenience, but that's about it.

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic