Only Murders in the Building.

K

I'm only three episodes in, but my pet theory since the beginning has been;

Spoiler

They've been framed by another true crime podcast, with the intention to push them out of the market and create content by reporting on their case.

6 minutes ago, Skummy said:

Hide contents

They've been framed by another true crime podcast, with the intention to push them out of the market and create content by reporting on their case.

Spoiler

Ooo Cinda Canning possibly as the villain then? I kinda like it, honestly. It would make sense as to how Canning managed to be there recording her podcast so quickly after they got arrested at the end of the last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skummy said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I didn't think someone like Canning but it makes sense, especially based on what Jan said this past episode. I was leaning at first towards a super fan who is afraid to see the show end, but every time we see the super fans they're too positive and upbeat. 

Plus they made a point to show her and her assistant who she always berates in the season 1 finale.

By this point in the season we've certainly seen the killer I will say. 

• Like 1

S02E06 spoilers

Spoiler

So Alice is a bit a cunt then? Having reproduced Mabel's mural herself it makes me think that she is the one who painted the replica painting of Charles' dad and is at least guilty of that. I currently don't think she is the murderer as I feel it is just too obvious. I'm genuinely stumped at who it could be if it isn't Cinda/Poppy/Someone working on their behalf to help them create a better murder mystery than Charles, Oliver and Mabel did in season 1.

I have to say that I do think it is suspect that we haven't seen or heard from Oscar at all this season but I'm not sure if I'm just reading into that too much.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler

They basically wrote Oscar out did they not? Brief mention at the start, and then gone. Maybe the actor didn't come back? I haven't read too much behind the scenes stuff.

Episode 7

Spoiler

So after a bit of a full court press on Cinda/Poppy being very suspect we kinda ignored that all this week. The picture of Lucy at the end feels very much like a red herring/a plot device to make Charles have an even tougher time trusting those he lets close to him.

Given that there are 10 episodes I suspect that we go through one last "new suspect" next week, do the full rundown in episode 9 concluding with the big reveal, and then episode 10 is a howcatchem sequence. 

Lot of plot points probably won't get resolved this season since the show has been renewed by the way, whereas season 1 tied everything up (except for the Bunny murder) I wouldn't be surprised to see a ton of storylines just linger after episode 10.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I still have my suspicions that it's someone working for Cinda Canning but if it isn't then I have no fucking clue. It has to be someone we've seen so far, surely? Only 3 episodes left isn't a long time left to establish a new character.

Also nice face turn by Theo in this episode.

I think it could be

Spoiler

one of the podcast superfans. The taller, lankier one thats had the odd line every now and then.

Spoiler

A lot of people speculated that before the season since it would track that one of them was afraid to see the show end.

But this feels like that's a bit too dark for this show, and is perhaps a harsher criticism of true crime fandom than they should make. The superfans being a group of weirdos doesn't really endear them to me as suspects. It has to be people in the pursuit of power of some kind, otherwise I just feel some level of sympathy with the killer. And if their motivation is "my life sucks and this podcast is all I have so let me make sure it continues" well that's reallllyyyy bleak.

Episode 8

Spoiler

So Kreps is glitter guy. I don't necessarily think that glitter guy and sneezing guy are the same person, however. I definitely don't think he's working alone. I think it is very likely that he is working for Cinda Canning to help her create more content for her podcasts. I figured Kreps wasn't going to be a good guy from the start but I didn't have him pegged as being involved, I just thought he was an asshole cop.

EDIT: More thoughts. Is it possible that Kreps is the cop who interfered with the evidence last season? Maybe he's on Teddy's payroll.

Spoiler

Yeah I think Kreps is close to all of it and definitely corrupt but not the killer. He's protecting other people in positions of power and influence. Whether that brings him close to the killer or is a totally separate thread remains to be seen. I could easily see the killer being someone else entirely, who Kreps and the people he works with have never met.

The focus on sneezing guy and also the introduction of a character with a "lethal" cat allergy felt a little too obvious. One of those tricks where we think the similarity means more than it does.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, damhausen said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I think Kreps is close to all of it and definitely corrupt but not the killer. He's protecting other people in positions of power and influence. Whether that brings him close to the killer or is a totally separate thread remains to be seen. I could easily see the killer being someone else entirely, who Kreps and the people he works with have never met.

The focus on sneezing guy and also the introduction of a character with a "lethal" cat allergy felt a little too obvious. One of those tricks where we think the similarity means more than it does.

Spoiler

Yeah I absolutely do not think that sneezing guy is Howard's love interest. That would be way too obvious.

• Like 1

S2E09 spoilers

Spoiler

So Kreps is indeed a dirty piece of shit and is working for Cinda Canning as I kinda expected. But wtf with Poppy turning out to be Becky Butler. Did not see that coming. Bunny's mum actually being Rose Cooper actually made sense. There was a beautiful moment when she revealed the hidden painting to Charles.

Still no movement on who sneezing guy is, though. So there's definitely some more things to wrap up.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Yeah we don't know who actually killed Bunny but we do have an idea that Cinda may possibly be orchestrating it? Something tells me there's one more twist that detaches Cinda from Bunny's murder but still brings her down, similar to how Teddy Dimas was brought down in season one.

Everything with Kreps has made him seem way too sloppy to be tasked with carrying out a murder.

Assuming each episode is the podcast episode played out we're going into episode 10 with the massive reveal that Becky Butler never truly disappeared and it was staged (I guess so that she could just move to NY?). Lot of ramifications from that while our sleuths wonder just how it's all connected.

S2E10 spoilers

Spoiler

So it was Poppy/Becky masterminding the whole thing all along with helps from her lover Kreps. Everything that led up to the finale seemed to point the finger at Cinda so it did feel like it being her might be a bit too obvious but I didn't see this ending coming. I knew when Alice "stabbed" Charles that that wasn't going to be how things finished, either.

And now it looks like for next season Charles will be the one of the trio who will be under the most scrutiny as he's had a feud with Paul Rudd's character.

Can't wait for next season, absolutely love this show.

I liked the finale, but I didn't really feel there were many clues to who the actual murderer was until the reveal.

But it was very satisfying, and a few points had me laughing out loud.  Still one of my favorite shows

• Like 2

Spoiler

I think I started this season thinking it was Poppy instead of Cinda, then fell off from Poppy, then went back to it being her when they focused on Cinda midway through, and then totally lost sight of her after they ran the gamut on other possible suspects.

Minor complaint but unless you figured out some of the very cryptic dialogue any guess as to why it was Poppy would be wrong. And all of Kreps' cryptic dialogue made sure to point the finger at Cinda on the surface level.

Very excited for what season 3 will bring. I expect a fair amount of flashbacks building up why Charles is now in the Mabel role. Next summer will be a blast once again.

Very strong season with a very satisfying conclusion. The show rarely misses the mark.

• Like 3