MalaCloudy Black

May you be held by the God of compassion
as you remember your loved ones today.
May God be with you in your sorrow,
and comfort you in your loss.
May your God, your family and your friends,
give you strength and confidence.
May your spirit be lifted, may your heart be filled with peace,
and may the light of God’s promise fill you with joy and hope.
Amen.

• Like 1

Well, what a shitty way to cap off the year. May she rest in peace. She is a true legend and icon, and the world was a better place for having her in it. I've been a fan for as long as I can remember and I absolutely will continue to be one. She was a genius and a personal comedic inspiration (along with Bea Arthur) and I hope she died proud of all her accomplishments. 

RIP Betty, truly one of a kind. 

Dreaded this day would eventually come and sad she didn't make it to 100, but what an incredible legacy she left. She will be greatly missed. RIP Betty, thank you for being a friend.

6 hours ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

A "herring circus", lol. Silly.

Yea. She was a gift, RIP Betty White.

I remember thinking Golden Girls was just like a show for my grandma, but it was actually really quite clever and funny.

It's a show that has a pretty big following in the LGBTQ+ community. And after watching a few episodes it was easy to see why.

It's an extremely clever show overall, made infinitely better by the impeccable timing of the main characters.

11 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I was crying from laughing so hard at this one

I think this one of the best examples of how great Betty White was.  Bea and Rue are completely breaking, but Betty is still flat faced and deadpan

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Betty White: 1922

Slided Bread: 1928

So sliced bread was the greatest thing since Betty White.

I've heard this before, but it amuses me because it's so true.

Seriously though, my grandmother loved the Golden Girls, and we'd watch it every Saturday night when I was a lot younger than I am now. It feels like Betty White was the  last long term link to my grandmother..

As someone else also said, Up in heaven, Estelle, Rue, Bea and Betty are having cheesecake together

:(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...