EWR January 2022 Update

Not as great as I wanted to do, but here it is none the less.

I added quite a few workers and not just the ones that were intended for the December update. I included ones that I planned to include for January as well and ones that I scratched my head as to why they were not already in the game, or recent WWE PC call ups onto NXT. 

As you may notice there are a few Japanese women's workers whom I have added who will not appear in game for a few years. Thanks Joshi wrestlers being pre-teens or young teens. Those being Hanan, Hina, Rina and Ruaka.

PICs may seem larger in file size if they were not in last The Who's Kyky release. I had to cut the pics, remove the background and replace the background with KyKy. The ones I made should be anywhere from about 12kb to 15kb in most cases. I tried to update the WWE, IMPACT, New Japan pics, as well as those for workers who are new into the game or recently added but were not previously in The Who updates.

ROH is barebones as a roster. For staff, I left them pretty much as is, except removing Lenny Leonard. Worker roster wise, the promotion is virtually just the champions, Delirious (the bookerman) and The Awakened.

Jake Atlas is back to being an "active" worker in game as he is now apprently going to AEW.

Katsuyori Shibata is indeed added back into the game as a worker. If you are playing the game as New Japan of America, you will have no trainer to start since Shibata was the only listed trainer.

If XPW continues to run shows, I will add them. So far, they only ran the single show in Rochester during November, but were planning to continue running.

I will say that while I have updated worker birthdates, staff is something I need to work on better and hope to going forward.

Super-Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/o9iqebzxz60yz7e/January_2022_Super_Light.zip/file

Light: https://www.mediafire.com/file/zv8w7vx3iu7agp0/January_2022_Light.zip/file

Full: https://www.mediafire.com/file/exylnbiax6678rg/January_2022_Full.zip/file

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Lineker changed the title to EWR January 2022 Update
  • Lineker featured and pinned this topic
16 hours ago, mkpunk said:

PICs may seem larger in file size if they were not in last The Who's Kyky release. I had to cut the pics, remove the background and replace the background with KyKy. The ones I made should be anywhere from about 12kb to 15kb in most cases. I tried to update the WWE, IMPACT, New Japan pics, as well as those for workers who are new into the game or recently added but were not previously in The Who updates.

Sorry about that, since doing my new pack I've moved away from KyKy, will do a final update with my next release but I stopped updated around October so pics haven't been updated since then. When I did pics I saved them in the 60-70% JPG quality, kept the images usable but smaller sized, feel free if you want to use my new pack although it means a load of renaming for EWR, I'm going to push towards gap filling in the next couple months so if you want to use it post anyone missing in the thread.

I always wondered why the file sizes of my pictures were so high - didn't figure it was because I was saving them in maximum quality! I will start saving my stuff in a lower quality if people prefer that. If there's any pictures I have uploaded you want to use - feel free to use them. I don't play EWR (or TEW for that matter) as much anymore, but just wanted to keep my Photoshop chops fresh. All the work you do is much appreciated.

15 minutes ago, BiggieEllefson said:

I always wondered why the file sizes of my pictures were so high - didn't figure it was because I was saving them in maximum quality! I will start saving my stuff in a lower quality if people prefer that. If there's any pictures I have uploaded you want to use - feel free to use them. I don't play EWR (or TEW for that matter) as much anymore, but just wanted to keep my Photoshop chops fresh. All the work you do is much appreciated.

That's one of the reasons I'm keeping a HQ backup of my new picture pack, so I can batch save them as a different quality to drop the file size, I'd say for most anything above 50% tends to be pretty good for the purposes of these games, below that it can be more noticeable, I think I was at 60% in my old PS and that tended to be in the average of 10-15 KB per image, my new BUMP pack tends to be in the 30 KB on average range, but then again it is at twice the size so it's a fair compromise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EWFan2004 said:

That is likely because someone on ROH was moved from as an announcer. That happens to me a lot.

From memory, I think it's Caprice Coleman, and it seems to fix the issue.

• Thanks 1

No problem. This always happened in the past and I always look to see if there's a non-wrestler or wrestler who does the comm. team and re-adding them to take them off is an odd workaround.

I am looking to re-add a few promotions that are back up and running like C4. I'm torn on the tag titles situation since Tabernak de Team hasn't appeared on the post-COVID shows, yet the titles AKAIK not vacated.

Some CMLL suggestions:

CMLL STAFF:
Owner: Salvador Lutteroth III (Prefers Veterans)
Production: Franco Colombo, Edgar Noriega
Writers: Juan Manuel Mar (Panico), Josè Luis Feliciano
Referees: Babe Richard, Terror Chino, Olimpico, Tigre Infante (He was known as Metalico as a wrestler)
Announcers: Julio CEsar Rivera, Leobardo Magadan, Leonardo Riano, Miguel Linares, Tania Lincona
Road Agents: Skandalo, Mascara Magica, Daniel López López (He is 72 and so he ecceds the age limits for wrestler so I suggest adding him as road agent or trainer)
Trainers: Arturo Beristain, Tony Salazar, Ringo Mendoza

Remove from the Staff Brazo de Oro beacause he died in 2017.
Remove from the Staff Pompin beacuase he is 77 years old

CMLL ROSTER:
Remove Bam Bam, Camorra, El Hijo del Signo, Estrellita (add her t AAA as part of La Empresa stable), Fresbee, Hijo de Mano Negra, Jeff Cobb, Kayo Kobayashi, Lady Maravilla, Maligna, Master Wato, Metatron, Mima Shimoda, Mystique, Sensei, Sharlie Rockstar, Super Parka, TJP, Tsukasa Fujimoto, Vangellys, Villano IV, Zaeta Roja

Rename Sonny to Suicida, Cachorro Lagunero is mispelled

Remove from wrestlers Olimpico because he become a full time referee

Need to be added
Panterita del Ring Jr., Pegasso, Sangre Imperial
Mini Division: Pequeno Magia, Minos, Angelito, Fantasy
Micro Division: Chamuel, Micro Gemelo Diablo I, Micro Gemelo Diablo II, El Gallito, Guapito, Atomo, Angel, KeMonito (manager)

CMLL BELTS:
CMLL World Heavyweight -> Hechichero
CMLL World Middleweight -> Soberano Jr.
CMLL World Super Ligero -> Rename to CMLL World Lightweight and make it vacant
CMLL World Tag TEam -> Volador Jr. / Titan
CMLL World Welterweight -> Titan
Mexican National Heavyweight -> Vacant
Mexican National Light Heavyweight -> Angel de Oro
Mexican Nationa Lightweight -> Panterita del Ring Jr. 
Mexican National Welterweight -> Vacant

Rename
All the NWA Historic titles to just Historic beacuase recently CMLL dropped the NWA part

I suggest delete the CMLL Arena Coliseo Tag and CMLL Japan Women but is only a personal suggestion.

To be added
CMLL World Micro -> Chamuel
Mexican National Tag Team -> Felino Jr. / Polvora
Mexican National Women Tag Team _> Lluvia / La Jarochita

CMLL TAG TEAM:
Delate or deactivete "Eje del Mal"
Deactivate "Hijo del Averno" and "Hijos del Averno II"

CMLL STABLE:
Delete "La Peste Negra"
Add Magnus to "Los Depredadores"
Rename "Los Infiernos" to "Los Infernales"
Add a stable called "La Fuerza Poblana": Stigma (Leader), Pegasso, Arkalis

CMLL TELEVISION:
Television shows is not how CMLL works and is booked because CMLL relies mostly on live events that are then broadcasted on TV but without a proper order. But for the game mechanisms this are the principals (not the only) CMLL TV shows
Monday -> CMLL on Megacable -> Late Night
Friday - > CMLL on Mexiquense TV -> Late Night
Saturday -> CMLL on TUDN -> Early evening
Sunday -> CMLL on Youtube -> Prime time

14 hours ago, metallica fan said:

Some CMLL suggestions:

CMLL STAFF:
Owner: Salvador Lutteroth III (Prefers Veterans)
Production: Franco Colombo, Edgar Noriega
Writers: Juan Manuel Mar (Panico), Josè Luis Feliciano
Referees: Babe Richard, Terror Chino, Olimpico, Tigre Infante (He was known as Metalico as a wrestler)
Announcers: Julio CEsar Rivera, Leobardo Magadan, Leonardo Riano, Miguel Linares, Tania Lincona
Road Agents: Skandalo, Mascara Magica, Daniel López López (He is 72 and so he ecceds the age limits for wrestler so I suggest adding him as road agent or trainer)
Trainers: Arturo Beristain, Tony Salazar, Ringo Mendoza

Remove from the Staff Brazo de Oro beacause he died in 2017.
Remove from the Staff Pompin beacuase he is 77 years old

CMLL ROSTER:
Remove Bam Bam, Camorra, El Hijo del Signo, Estrellita (add her t AAA as part of La Empresa stable), Fresbee, Hijo de Mano Negra, Jeff Cobb, Kayo Kobayashi, Lady Maravilla, Maligna, Master Wato, Metatron, Mima Shimoda, Mystique, Sensei, Sharlie Rockstar, Super Parka, TJP, Tsukasa Fujimoto, Vangellys, Villano IV, Zaeta Roja

Rename Sonny to Suicida, Cachorro Lagunero is mispelled

Remove from wrestlers Olimpico because he become a full time referee

Need to be added
Panterita del Ring Jr., Pegasso, Sangre Imperial
Mini Division: Pequeno Magia, Minos, Angelito, Fantasy
Micro Division: Chamuel, Micro Gemelo Diablo I, Micro Gemelo Diablo II, El Gallito, Guapito, Atomo, Angel, KeMonito (manager)

CMLL BELTS:
CMLL World Heavyweight -> Hechichero
CMLL World Middleweight -> Soberano Jr.
CMLL World Super Ligero -> Rename to CMLL World Lightweight and make it vacant
CMLL World Tag TEam -> Volador Jr. / Titan
CMLL World Welterweight -> Titan
Mexican National Heavyweight -> Vacant
Mexican National Light Heavyweight -> Angel de Oro
Mexican Nationa Lightweight -> Panterita del Ring Jr. 
Mexican National Welterweight -> Vacant

Rename
All the NWA Historic titles to just Historic beacuase recently CMLL dropped the NWA part

I suggest delete the CMLL Arena Coliseo Tag and CMLL Japan Women but is only a personal suggestion.

To be added
CMLL World Micro -> Chamuel
Mexican National Tag Team -> Felino Jr. / Polvora
Mexican National Women Tag Team _> Lluvia / La Jarochita

CMLL TAG TEAM:
Delate or deactivete "Eje del Mal"
Deactivate "Hijo del Averno" and "Hijos del Averno II"

CMLL STABLE:
Delete "La Peste Negra"
Add Magnus to "Los Depredadores"
Rename "Los Infiernos" to "Los Infernales"
Add a stable called "La Fuerza Poblana": Stigma (Leader), Pegasso, Arkalis

CMLL TELEVISION:
Television shows is not how CMLL works and is booked because CMLL relies mostly on live events that are then broadcasted on TV but without a proper order. But for the game mechanisms this are the principals (not the only) CMLL TV shows
Monday -> CMLL on Megacable -> Late Night
Friday - > CMLL on Mexiquense TV -> Late Night
Saturday -> CMLL on TUDN -> Early evening
Sunday -> CMLL on Youtube -> Prime time

CMLL is quite possibly the hardest roster to keep up with. Unlike AAA, they are far more susceptible for workers to quietly be gone, as many go months without appearing before randomly returning. Unless there is some type of blow-up, they are never vocal about firing workers (see Rush, Maximo, La Mascara Dralistic and Dragon Lee's departures.) Except for some international workers who all of sudden return. I

Pegasso was for some reason removed and I could still add him back easily. The rest I can find only scant information on at all.

As for TV, I cannot add all 4 shows. You can only have 3 shows. I think for the game I will keep it up. Plus, these networks besides YouTube are not in the game.

12 hours ago, metallica fan said:

If I've free time the netx days I'll try to provide you the statos of the missing workers. I regularly follow CMLL and I think none of the workers I suggested will return in a short time but obviously is your decision to remove them from the roster or not. 

It is possible, I have removed the ones who were foreign workers. I know the departures was a problem back when Bill did the updates and I want to say before that as well. CMLL and to an extent AAA we would often not know a worker is done until when they start appearing elsewhere (jumping from CMLL to AAA or appearing in IWRG or CRASH.) That is even if said worker said they were done because there have been many times the worker either works the media (typically Super Luchas) and still appears but does a "Pay attention to me" or the promotion works it out after the worker talks to Super Luchas. This happened semi-recently with the who Psicosis Reaper incident with Konnan about a year/two years ago where it looked like he was done with AAA but that was only for a month or so. It also happened with Villano III Jr. in the past year.

For this reason, I typically go by the Luchawiki roster pages as I know CMLL's roster can include Arena Puebla, Arena Coliseo Guadalajara and also the Mexico City talent in Arena Mexico and Arena Coliseo (Mexico City.) The Mexico City talents being the most known, noticeable and regular CMLL workers. That said, for CMLL in particular with how much their roster is, it often is late on who is there and not. As stated, CMLL often quietly release talents except when it is when they would dump Mr. Neibla for rehab issues or they fire several family members like the Brazo Jr.'s or the Rush Familia for political reason. For some reason CMLL is open about that and it gets annoying.

This (the Mexico City area shows being the most CMLL canon of CMLL live events) is the reason for me usually using the Arena Mexico broadcasted shows as the shows. The KTLA show being broadcast later in the week as is the Lucha Libre CMLL. I remember Televisa shows typically being anywhere from a week to a month back, depending on preemptions.

I use to follow CMLL much more closely in the early/mid 2010's. It got much harder as they stopped appearing on Televisa about 2015/6. Also Luchablog has gotten less and less consistent and sticking to CMLL event days, AAA event days or "breaking news days" for whatever reason as I started doing the updates about four years ago.