General Television Thread 2022

The Buscher

Rat In The Kitchen, on TBS. Its good, but they need to make one modification to the show, or cancel it:

Its a cooking competition show where one contestant is `The Rat'. It is their job to sabotage the dishes, and every time they succeed and the dish is a fail according to chef Ludo Lefebvre, money goes from the team bank to the Rat's. At the end of the show, if the contestants detect which one is the Rat, the contestants split what's left in their bank. If they don't detect The Rat, they get nothing and the Rat gets what is in their bank. (The contestants vote on who the Rat is, but it has to be the majority to successfully catch the Rat.)

The problem is they do not give the viewers enough clues during the show, and only reveal what exactly the Rat did after they've been revealed. I've only gotten the Rat's identity right once out of about 6 episodes. One episode the editing made it obvious one contestant was possibly the Rat, but they were actually just a crappy contestant.

A particular Best In The World showed up on this week's Mayans MC episode (the Sons of Anarchy spinoff series).

Spoiler

Punk showed up playing a character named Paul, who served in the military with one of the members of the Mayans.

5 hours ago, Serpenticloud said:

Has anyone started We Own This City yet? The David Simon show about the Gun Trace Task Force. 

Had no idea it had started. HBO Max didn’t put it front and center on the app for some reason.

We’re going to watch tonight most likely - will report back. 

Have you started it already?

51 minutes ago, FLiam said:

Had no idea it had started. HBO Max didn’t put it front and center on the app for some reason.

We’re going to watch tonight most likely - will report back. 

Have you started it already?

I haven't, I was just reading a post at the time about which actors from The Wire, The Corner, Treme etc were in it. Probably gonna start it tonight or tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Serpenticloud said:

I haven't, I was just reading a post at the time about which actors from The Wire, The Corner, Treme etc were in it. Probably gonna start it tonight or tomorrow. 

We watched the first two episodes and it was really good shit. Definitely a spiritual successor to the Wire.

We’d also watched The Slow Hustle documentary a few months ago on HBO which is based on the same task force so that gave some really good insight into the story. I’d recommend giving that a watch either before or after depending on if you don’t mind “spoilers” persé.

• Like 1

After multiple allegations of inappropriate behavior, Fred Savage is off The Wonder Years reboot as producer/director now. 

After showing her 1 episode of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace a few years ago, my girlfriend and I watched the remaning episodes this week.

Generally, that is a show that holds up incredibly well. I also discovered that the DVD has a full version of "One Track Lover" on it.

• Like 4

Blasted through season 2 of The Wilds  this weekend and was glued to my seat thr whole time, so looking forward to a season 3

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Blasted through season 2 of The Wilds  this weekend and was glued to my seat thr whole time, so looking forward to a season 3

Plan to watch that sometime this week, if we have time.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Krabby said:

I'd never heard of this show until I saw your post. Read about it, looked like something I'd enjoy, so watched the Pilot this evening.

I plan on watching a lot more of it on my flight on Friday.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2022 at 23:53, Malenko said:

I don't know what's the right thread for this.

We just started watching GLOW.

I'm sure this has been discussed previously in these boards but don't want to risk spoilers. We've only watched a couple episodes. Is it worth it? Is it really bad? Any controversies? Really bad takes on anything? Just to know if we should keep going as we usually only watch one show at a time.

Regarding this, we've finished the first season. Took a while because we went on holidays for a couple weeks.

I liked it a lot. Most importantly my girlfriend liked it. She loved the season finale. 

I'm always afraid she won't like the wrestling related things I show her, because all my previous girlfriends felt I wasted too much time watching something as silly as pro wrestling - to be fair, they weren't wrong.

We've been together for 9 years now, and she has shown countless times that she actually enjoys watching it, maybe not the unhealthy amounts of wrestling related content I watch but still. She even bought a Rey Fenix t-shirt. Despite all of that I'm still afraid she won't like these things because none of my ex-girlfriends did.

Ok, I went very off-topic with this, but it's just that it really makes me happy that I can actually watch these things with my partner instead of always having to do it whenever they weren't around so as to not bother them.

Looking forward to season 2!