General Television Thread 2022

The Buscher

Yeah, Barry had a BRUTAL Season 3 finale, capping off an already brutal season. And I mean that in the best way. That episode was probably the most I’ve been emotionally invested so far.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yeah, Barry had a BRUTAL Season 3 finale, capping off an already brutal season. And I mean that in the best way. That episode was probably the most I’ve been emotionally invested so far.

Season 3 was heavy as hell, and it was fantastic. Bill Hader's range is out of this world.

That said, even if season 4 can't keep up the same quality, as long as I get my regular fix of NoHo Hank, I'll be happy. Hank just makes me smile.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lint said:

Geez...watched the first two episodes of The Orville season 3. 

It is a HARD pivot from what the first 2 seasons were.  Its much more sci-fi focused and less comedic then the first 2 seasons.  I really like it.  I hate to say it, but it feels more "Star Trek" then the current Star Trek series do

Have you watched Star Trek - Strange New Worlds? 

It definitely has more of a TNG vibe compared to Discovery or Picard. You might really enjoy it.

15 hours ago, Benji said:

Hearing this makes me sad because the comedic elements *made* it feel more like Star Trek to me :(

There is still some comedy, but its not overtly comedic like the first 2 seasons were

9 hours ago, Toe said:

Have you watched Star Trek - Strange New Worlds? 

It definitely has more of a TNG vibe compared to Discovery or Picard. You might really enjoy it.

No I haven't sen Strange New Worlds yet, but I have heard its really good...as opposed to Discovery or Picard, which I actively hated and stopped watching

HBO Max Renews Comedy ‘Hacks’ for Season 3

Honestly kinda disappointed by this.  S2 ended so perfectly.  I hope the show doesn't drag out and feel played out 

• Like 1

A bit of lost TV has been found!

In 1976 Margaret Hamilton reprised her role as the Wicked Witch of the West from Wizard of Oz for Sesame Street, the response from parents at the time was that she frightened kids and the footage has never aired or released again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostmedia/comments/vf7yu2/found_sesame_street_847_margaret_hamilton_wicked/

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 3

Just started the first two episodes of The Old Man on Hulu.

Its about a former CIA operative (Jeff Bridges) who ran away, and is living off the grid.  He's brought back in by the CIA sending an assassin to get him, so he goes on the run.

It has what is probably one of my favorite "This Guy is a Bad-Ass" lines ever. 

"If you come after me, your guys will come back in bodybags.  If you go after my daughter, your guys will come back in pieces"

Bill Hader directed the shit out of Barry Season 3. It might be recency bias, but I really feel like he visually took the show to another level. There was so much filmmaking flair that elevated this season as it got darker and darker. I was so into it that I binged the whole thing in a day, which I don't usually do - I couldn't get enough of it. 

• Like 3

On 23/06/2022 at 09:10, livid said:

The Old Man is great. Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow are killing it 

Spoiler

I had a feeling the "Emily" reveal would be surprising, but I really didn't expect what we got